View Full Version : mpx200 windows mobile problems

HCbassist
11-28-2004, 07:37 PM
i flashed my mpx200 back tn windows 2002 a few days ago and ever since the clock has been weird. the hour changes every now and then to the wrong time. is there a way to fix that? also i cant visit wap sites such as wap.esato.com. it just takes me to the html page. can someone help me with that. oh and id like to say my battery last way longer since i flarhed it back. im using it now to post this.

Kris Kumar
11-29-2004, 05:56 AM
The clock problem, I have no clue. :-( I hope your desktop and Smartphone have the same time and time zone.

WAP sites showing up as regular HTML: I believe the Esato site is sensing the Smartphone browser as a rich browser and diverting you to the HTML version. I remember there are tools that perform registry tweak, so that Smartphone would report itself as a WAP or simple (downgraded) browser.

WM2003 on MPx200 is not stable and does lead to quicker battery drain. Reverting back to 2002 was a wise move. :-)

HCbassist
11-29-2004, 10:06 PM
ill check the timezones between my pc and phone, maybe thatll help. also about downgrading the browser how would i go about doing that? is there another browser i can get? i know opera is supposed to move to smartphones sometime (i do believe) but i dont know ill go look and see what i can find.

Kris Kumar
11-30-2004, 03:47 AM
I was digging up my software collection for my Red-E phone, found out the name for the software that forces the browser into WAP mode.

WebWapSelect (http://www.msmobilenews.com/?cid=271)

HCbassist
12-06-2004, 03:08 AM
i cant get it to work where it will pull up the wap site. i installed it and clocked on wap. then it went out of the program and i went to IE and typed it in and it pulled up the html page