View Full Version : What is the best bluetooth headset to use with mpx220?

chiptransisto
11-25-2004, 04:44 AM
I want a headset that I can use with my Mpx220 and also use with my desktop for Naturally Speaking transcription. What is the best one to use?

Kris Kumar
11-25-2004, 05:11 AM
I have Moto HS810, it works well.

But I believe Moto is putting out a newer version within a month or less. I would recommend waiting for that or for this one from Logitech.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/products/details/US/EN,CRID=1632,CONTENTID=9502

Can't beat the price.

Jerry Raia
11-25-2004, 05:22 AM
I currently have the HS810 and also have used the Jabra 250. Both work well with the 220. I thought the Jabra was a bit more comfortable.

One thing about the 810 I really like is it uses the same charger as the phone. I travel often so this is a plus for me. One less thing to pack!

aristoBrat
11-25-2004, 06:02 AM
Hey, I just got that Logitech one a few days ago and am pretty impressed by it.

It's my first BT headset, so I have no other BT headset experience to compare it with, but I wore it for a few hours on a roadtrip last weekend and it was very comfortable.

Before this headset, I always used the regular earbuds/mic headset that comes with most phones. Even w/ the volume turned up 100%, I'd still have problems hearing while driving (soft top Jeep Wrangler -- loud ride!), and I'd have to shout to be heard over the Jeep noise.

This Logitech has a 20mm speaker that rests comfortably against your ear, instead of going in your ear like an earbud. I can hear great on the second-from-the-loudest setting. I also no longer have to shout to be heard, which took a bit of getting used to ("QUIT YELLING -- I CAN HEAR YOU!") LOL :D

Jerry Raia
11-25-2004, 06:07 AM
The Jabra ia an earbud type. The 810 sounds the same as the logitech being a speaker against your ear.

PPCMD
11-25-2004, 04:25 PM
I currently have the HS810 and also have used the Jabra 250. Both work well with the 220. I thought the Jabra was a bit more comfortable.

One thing about the 810 I really like is it uses the same charger as the phone. I travel often so this is a plus for me. One less thing to pack!

Good point. I also purchased a $10 "Y" Cable from Moto that allows you to charge your phone and BT headset at the same time. Well worth it.

Jerry Raia
11-25-2004, 04:28 PM

Good point. I also purchased a $10 "Y" Cable from Moto that allows you to charge your phone and BT headset at the same time. Well worth it.

Oh I didn't know there was one of those! Even better!

Kris Kumar
11-25-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey, I just got that Logitech one a few days ago and am pretty impressed by it.

Where did you get it from. I am looking at the CompUSA site and it still says that it will be out on 11/30. :-(

http://www.compusa.com/products/product_info.asp?product_code=50788595&pfp=SEARCH

I have heard good things about the Logitech, long battery life. And wind noise cancellation technology.

aristoBrat
11-25-2004, 05:15 PM
CDW had them in stock last week for something like US$46 (way lower than CompUSA's listed price).

It's windy as heck here today, so I'll take the dog for a walk and give some friends a call and see how it fares. :)

Kris Kumar
11-25-2004, 05:21 PM
CDW had them in stock last week for something like US$46 (way lower than CompUSA's listed price).

It's windy as heck here today, so I'll take the dog for a walk and give some friends a call and see how it fares. :)

Can you please post a link. I can't find it. ( Need Coffee. )

Thanks. :)

aristoBrat
11-25-2004, 06:33 PM
http://www.cdw.com/shop/products/default.aspx?EDC=714789

I'd happily trade you coffee for a Valium at the moment. My two roommates are going at it over how to properly cook the turkey. 8O

Kris Kumar
11-25-2004, 07:20 PM
Thanks

Its weird when I search for "logitech bluetooth headset", it does not show it. If I search for "Logitech Mobile Freedom", it picks it up.

The shipping cost is way too high. But the price is tempting. Very temping. Half of what I paid for the Moto HS810. :-(

Anyway Amazon has it too thru Office Depot. (You have to search it as "Logitech Mobile Freedom" :? ).

But glad that the product is now available. I will wait for couple of weeks for it to hit mainstream. :-)

Kris Kumar
11-25-2004, 07:21 PM
I'd happily trade you coffee for a Valium at the moment. My two roommates are going at it over how to properly cook the turkey. 8O

Happy Thanksgiving and have fun with the turkey. :-)

kingraf01
11-28-2004, 05:04 PM
Can you listn to your wma/wmv on the earpiece? Or is it strictly for calls?

Jerry Raia
11-28-2004, 10:00 PM
I haven't been able to get it to work over a BT headset but I haven't really tried too hard to get it to work. Maybe someone else here has?

james840a
11-30-2004, 11:33 PM
I have the HS 820 headset from Motorola. I like it alot not to big on the ear