View Full Version : File Xfers on the 220

spokrie
11-17-2004, 08:19 PM
I've had my 220 since October 17th, and have had great success. Since I am new to Smartphones, and Bluetooth, please correct me if I'm wrong. I keep reading about the serial profile is missing, and Active Sync is the only way to xfer files. With my Dell laptop, I can use Send To... Bluetooth... pick my phone, and it does a FTP type xfer to my phone. Is this not the same thing? Just wondering...

Kris Kumar
11-18-2004, 05:44 AM
Send To using BT from my laptop to the MPx220 does not work. Also Pocket PC to MPx220 and another cellphone to MPx220 did not work.

It could be a user error, since I am a BT newbie. And BT config/setup is a pain.

spokrie
11-18-2004, 03:54 PM
The way I got it to work was as follows:

I pushed a file from my phone to my laptop. Once I did that additional services showed up for my phone. Now I can send files back and forth no problem.

Kris Kumar
11-18-2004, 04:32 PM
The way I got it to work was as follows:

I pushed a file from my phone to my laptop. Once I did that additional services showed up for my phone. Now I can send files back and forth no problem.

Hmm...how did you push the file from the phone to laptop. I mean which app did you use?

I used the PhotoAlbum app to try and send a file to my laptop. I could see my laptop being picked up on the phone's BT device list. I tried selecting it. But it would give an error (don't remember which one) while attempting to initiate the transfer.

spokrie
11-18-2004, 05:22 PM
I just used the File Manager then Menu+Send&Receive+Send by Bluetooth
and selct my device in range. Making sure the devices are paired first also helps!! Now I can do it any time I want.

Scott

james840a
11-18-2004, 06:50 PM
Im a newbe to BT as well. I got my phone to sync with outlooks email and contacts via BT link. I have to go to active sync on the phone and have it conect via bluetooth. Then active sync on the Pc picks it up as a serial link.