View Full Version : Power Calendar Month View Feature

Jerry Raia
11-16-2004, 09:00 PM
I use Power Calendar from Developer One (http://www.developerone.com/powercalendar/index.htm) all the time and I think it adds much needed functionality to the built in calendar functions of the SmartPhone. Recently I sent them an email asking about a month view which at this point the program does not have. They replied:

"We're hearing this request loud and clear.
We've experimented with a number of different options to deliver the
month view in such a small space and be able to show a reasonable
number of icons for those who choose this display form."

I'm curious how many of you would also want this functionality.

Birdsoft
11-17-2004, 02:12 AM
or would you consider a new product that could be on the horizon??

http://www.birdsoft.biz/upsp.htm

Jerry Raia
11-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Now this looks impressive. Keep us up to date :)

encece
11-17-2004, 03:36 AM
I had asked devone for this a long time ago during their beta version of the program.

If you dont know how the existing program navigates, you hit volume up to switch between single day mode and multi day mode...then while in multiday mode, you hit volume down to switch between 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7 days viewed.

I would suggest that volume up switches between:
Single Day
Multi Day
Week View
Month View
Year View (though it probably wont fit on such a small screen, so maybe just two or three with days that have events highlighted with a different color or bold.

Then left or right on the action key would advance the
Day
Multi Day Range
Week
Month
MultiMonth

accordingly.

Jerry Raia
11-17-2004, 03:54 AM
I have always liked DevOne Software. Power Calendar is a good start but I really need the month view!! The length of your post just illustrates how hard it is to navigate beyond individual dates without it.

I say forget trying to be fancy and put something out there DevOne! I keep switching to the built in program to see the month view. :roll:

Janak Parekh
11-17-2004, 04:08 AM
Jerry, agreed totally. I'd even be willing to pay a small fee for a major version upgrade with it, even though I just bought Power Calendar. :)

--janak

encece
11-17-2004, 04:24 AM
Ya gotta have a plan for these things so you know how to implement them...I'm just trying to speed the process along! :D

Jerry Raia
11-17-2004, 06:12 AM
It can't happen fast enough for me :)

BTW encece, are you a Jim's Steaks fan?

encece
11-17-2004, 07:58 AM
If you're talking about the one on South Street.....Why YES I am!
Except the fried onions aroma that you smell when you walk by always had me second guessing my deodorant!

But Tony Luke's on Front and Oregon rules as well! And has so much more to offer. If you're out here again, I highly recommend it!

Born and raised in South Philadelphia. (You can take the man out of South Philly but you cant take the South Philly out of the man!) :D

Jerry Raia
11-17-2004, 03:23 PM
Yep 4th and South! Everytime I go there I have to go Jim's :way to go:

I'll have to check out Tony's next time.

Jerry Raia
11-25-2004, 06:48 AM
Well those of you with Pocket PC's who use Agenda Fusion might know there is ANOTHER revision (6.75) out. I wish they would put just a fraction of that effort into Power Calendar! :x

PPCMD
11-25-2004, 04:31 PM
I guess they are too busy trying to keep up with the jones at pocket informant to care. On the flip side I would like to seek pocket informant intro a SmartPhone calnder option for us since I use PI.

Jerry Raia
11-25-2004, 04:38 PM
I'm surprised they haven't yet. I don't think there is any mention of even the word "smartphone" on their site.

Jerry Raia
12-10-2004, 07:48 AM
Well we have just hit version 6.81 for the Pocket PC. SmartPhone version???
Still stuck on 2.51 with no month view in sight :(

PPCMD
12-10-2004, 07:09 PM
They really need to show some commitment to the smartphone product. The tit4tat with Pocket Informant is getting old. I would like a nice calender app that replaces the standard plug in for the MPx220 when I can get one but will wait for these folks to get it right.

Jerry Raia
12-11-2004, 02:01 AM
Yes all these ".000001" updates are fun but the smartphone software goes no where! Developer One will be left behind in a flash if somebody else comes up with an alternative to the built in calendar program with a month view first.

PPCMD
12-11-2004, 02:18 AM
Agreed. I get tired of updating the software for the littlest enhancement, its really gotten to the point where all these dot releases are a way to justify the next FULL release and charge for it.

Mike Temporale
12-11-2004, 02:48 AM
I'm sure the biggest limitation is market size. The Pocket PC apps get more attention because there is a bigger market which means more money to pay the bills.

It's unfortunate, but it's a reality. :(

Jerry Raia
12-11-2004, 02:55 AM
Yes that is true, the Pocket PC market was small once too. Those who waited too long, are gone now.

PPCMD
12-12-2004, 01:23 AM
But if MS goes forward and mergers the WMPE and WMSP OS into one platform they will want those loyal users outthere ready for them.

Jerry Raia
12-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Well Agenda Fusion is now up to Version 6.86!
Power Calendar is still holding at 2.61

But who's counting?

I'm hoping that Birdsoft comes out with their software soon. http://www.birdsoft.biz/upsp.htm

PPCMD
12-19-2004, 03:43 PM
Well Agenda Fusion is now up to Version 6.86!
Power Calendar is still holding at 2.61

But who's counting?

I'm hoping that Birdsoft comes out with their software soon. http://www.birdsoft.biz/upsp.htm

I just emailed them saying I would be a beta tester why not. Looks good and like I said before I will sign on with the first one to provide and support the app that does it right. Agenda Fusion needs to stop the PIM Update Race for WMPC and focus on WMSP too.

Jerry Raia
12-19-2004, 04:18 PM
I put in for the beta test also.