View Full Version : Corporate EMail - Settings for 5600 on TMobile

pattywatty
11-15-2004, 03:50 PM
I have configured my corporate mailbox (microsoft xchange server) on my desktop using the tmobile website and 'myemail'; I can click on the mailbox and see a mirror image of my outlook inbox. I have clicked on the link to send the settings to my phone but when the text message gets to my phone it says there is an error and changes cannot be made. I have tried configuring the mailbox manually on my phone using the following process:

added new mailbox
entered my corporate email address and password
entered the pop3 incoming and outgoing servers as 'myemail.t-mobile.com'

then when i go to send/receive, it comes up prompting me for my email password. I reenter my password and it loops through again asking for my password.

Any suggestions? Anyone else successful? I do have tzones pro added as well as unlimited internet.

Thanks.

pattywatty
11-15-2004, 09:36 PM
Well, I now have at least been able to create a workaround and this is how: I downloaded Opera for Smartphones and then log into tmobile's website and then into myemail. I then clidk on my corporate mailbox and voila...

I would rather be able to go through the pocket outlook because it is a pain to have to log in and go through all of the screens to get to the 'myemail'...

Again, if anyone can provide assistance as to how to get this to work via the pocket outlook, I would be much appreciative...

THank.s

Patrick

yefm
11-18-2004, 06:19 AM
I have the exact same problem with my SMT5600 and AT&T accessing a USA.net email account. I have receive the looping authentication request when trying to access either the POP3 or IMAP4 server for inbound mail. I am able to access the SMTP server without this problem. I have an open incident with USA.net and have talked to their tech support a couple of times. If I get a resolution I will post it here.