View Full Version : SMT5600: Lights on Keypad

MitzEclipse
11-13-2004, 12:30 AM
Hi All,

Why don't the lights on my 5600's keypad light up consistantly? Sometimes they light up when I press a key, sometimes they don't.

I can't figure out the pattern, but I would assume, as soon as one button gets pressed the entire keypad would light up, however, this is not the case.

Is there a way to get this to light up all the time?

Mike Temporale
11-13-2004, 12:37 AM
The 5600 has a light sensor that determines if it's dark and thus needs to light up the keypad or not. I think there is an option to turn this off, but I'm not 100%. If not, you could just put a little white-out over the sensor. :lol:

MitzEclipse
11-13-2004, 12:57 AM
The 5600 has a light sensor that determines if it's dark and thus needs to light up the keypad or not. I think there is an option to turn this off, but I'm not 100%. If not, you could just put a little white-out over the sensor. :lol:

Wow, that is really cool - i didn't even know that was a sensor, but now i can see why there wasn't a pattern!! thanks again Mike

Mike Temporale
11-13-2004, 02:04 AM
Hey, no problem! I just wish I could get my hands on one, so I can play too! :(

jacklf
11-15-2004, 07:47 AM
To change the setting, look under Settings/Power Management (Light Sensor Enable). Turning off the sensor will make the keypad light up when any key is pressed, regardless of light level.