View Full Version : SMT5600 and Napster To Go

Gibby
11-11-2004, 11:58 PM
Long time lurker...First time poster...

I just bought the SMT5600 and have been extremely satisfied. I had the PPC 4100 for a short time and it just didn't function as a phone well enough. I was interested in Napster To Go and last time I checked here and elsewhere no one could figure out how to get it. So I e-mailed them (which was a task in itself) and found the answer:

1) You need to download the Napster Light Plug-In into WMP10.
2) When signed in, go to "My Account"
3) Check the links at the bottom of the page and select the link "Change Account Staus"
4) That will allow you to sign up for Napster To Go.

It is 14.95, but realize you get all of the services provided for in their 9.95 plan...which is pretty cool. Also, syncing to your device is not intuitive so you might want to check the help section. I absolutely love it so far for what its worth. Hope this helps someone....

Cheers,
Gibby

Mike Temporale
11-12-2004, 04:17 AM
Long time lurker...First time poster...

Welcome. :D

I had the PPC 4100 for a short time and it just didn't function as a phone well enough.

Are you talking about the iPAQ 4100? It's not much of a phone, because it doesn't have any phone functionality. :wink:

I was interested in Napster To Go and last time I checked here and elsewhere no one could figure out how to get it. So I e-mailed them (which was a task in itself) and found the answer:

1) You need to download the Napster Light Plug-In into WMP10.
2) When signed in, go to "My Account"
3) Check the links at the bottom of the page and select the link "Change Account Staus"
4) That will allow you to sign up for Napster To Go.

It is 14.95, but realize you get all of the services provided for in their 9.95 plan...which is pretty cool. Also, syncing to your device is not intuitive so you might want to check the help section. I absolutely love it so far for what its worth. Hope this helps someone....

Cheers,
Gibby

Cool, so it's not a magical process to sign up. I think this should help a lot of people.

Gibby
11-12-2004, 04:48 AM
Actually, the Audiovox PPC4100 through AT&T. The "phone edition" portion of the device was very clumsy to use. I love the "smartphone" so far, I just wish there was a Pocket Quicken equivalent to use. :( No worries, I'm sure in due time there will be a solution to sync with Money/Quicken.

Mike Temporale
11-12-2004, 05:24 AM
I gotcha. The other 4100. ;)

There are a couple different finance packages, but nothing that makes me want to give up using my laptop for the process. :D

Check this one out: http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6514