View Full Version : Modem Trouble - Samsung SP i-600 for SPRINT

dcbame
11-10-2004, 05:17 PM
I have seen the posts describing the process for a Verizon version of the i-600, but nothing for a Sprint version. The phones have some differences, including the menu selections where the data connection options reside. I have tried to following the instructions posted and have had no luck. Can anyone provide desperately needed help?[/u][/b]

Janak Parekh
11-10-2004, 06:54 PM
Unfortunately, not a lot of people have the SP-i600 yet. :(

Let me get this straight -- you can't find the "USB" setting in Settings => Phone Settings => Other? Do note that you do not need to edit any Data Connections on the phone itself -- you just need to set the aforementioned USB setting to External Data Call.

--janak

dcbame
11-10-2004, 09:14 PM
The only selections in that specific menu are: Time & TTY. There is no option available to modify the USB setting in this or any other menu that I can find.

Janak Parekh
11-13-2004, 07:58 AM
I don't know what else to say then. :( I hope Sprint didn't hide/disable that functionality, although I wouldn't put it past them -- they've historically been reluctant to have cell phones work as modems.

You may want to poke around some Sprint PCS-specific sites, like sprintpcsinfo.com, and see if they have any further info?

There's also a busy forum for the i600 on pdaphonehome.com that might be worth investigating.

Good luck!

--janak