View Full Version : Connecting to the Internet through USB

sn1p3t
11-06-2004, 12:42 PM
Is it possible to use the Internet on my SMT5600 through my laptop? I've connected it through USB, shared my Internet on my laptop, and then tried browsing the Internet with Flight Mode On (to kill the radio). I've tried selecting all the 4 options under IE's connection settings, but none of them seem to work. It it even possible to do this?

Mike Temporale
11-07-2004, 03:41 AM
I had to read this a couple times, but I think you're asking about connecting your phone to the internet through your laptop. Not using the phone as a modem for you laptop to connect to the internet. If this is correct, it should work for you without a problem, as I think it's the default behaviour.

Check under settings / more / Data connections. Hit Menu / Options and make sure that "My desktop connects to:" says "The Internet".

I think that's all that has to be done.

sn1p3t
11-07-2004, 12:19 PM
Yes, that was what I was asking ;)

And I figured it out. I didn't realize there was the Data Connections settings (I just got my Smartphone). The setting you asked me to check was set, but one thing that caught my eye was the "Internet connection" setting in the Data Connections settings. It was set to GPRS (AWS GPRS). I set it to "automatic", and set IE's connection to "The Internet", and it worked fine. I was able to pull up sights with my radio off.

Thanks for the help!

Mike Temporale
11-07-2004, 01:00 PM
Glad to hear everything is working for you. :)