View Full Version : Napster Goes Mobile With Audiovox SMT5600

Mike Temporale
11-03-2004, 04:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041103/law031_1.html' target='_blank'>http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/041103/law031_1.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"Napster today announced that Napster To Go, the world's first portable music subscription service, is available for users of the new AT&T Wireless- based Audiovox SMT5600 Smartphone. The Napster To Go / Audiovox SMT5600 compatibility enables the only mobile phone in the U.S. market to allow music fans to seamlessly transfer and play an unlimited number of full-length songs on the go for one low monthly price of $14.95. The Smartphone also supports individual tracks purchased by Napster subscribers or downloaded a la carte from the Napster Light store."</i><br /><br />I can see sales of larger capacity miniSD cards increasing already. With services like this, it won't be long before we have 1GB miniSD cards. :D

Raven
11-03-2004, 05:22 PM
There's been some talk of this service at various forums for some time. As everybody else, I think its wishful thinking on the part of Napster that people will agree to pay $15 vs $10 just for the ability to travel with their music and that too on only a few supported devices.

That said, I'll give it a spin and my decision will be based on their music collection. 700,000 tracks don't sound a lot to me...

Danborg
11-03-2004, 08:40 PM
That said, I'll give it a spin and my decision will be based on their music collection. 700,000 tracks don't sound a lot to me...

Is this available today? Or has it merely been announced? I'm interested in trying it with my SMT5600, but I see nothing but the regular Napster client available for download.

Raven
11-03-2004, 09:08 PM
I download the Napster plugin for WMP 10. I think thats the only way you can get Napster to go for now. I even installed it but haven't registered yet. It crashed my WMP while trying to register.

I checked out some reviews of the service and am less than impressed. One thing I want to make sure before I sign on for the trial.
FIGURE OUT HOW TO DISCONTINUE THE SUBSCRIPTION!!! :twisted:

It better be a simple affair cause I don't want to be caught in a whole year of subscription. I'd sooner cancel my credit card... :)

mbranscum
11-03-2004, 10:06 PM
"low monthly price"???!!!!