View Full Version : Windows Mobile Smartphone: A Day In The Life

Kris Kumar
11-03-2004, 01:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/Buy05/SmartphoneUser.aspx' target='_blank'>http://www.pocketpcmag.com/_archives/Buy05/SmartphoneUser.aspx</a><br /><br /></div><i>"I travel a lot with my Windows Mobile-based Smartphone and frequently find myself discussing its power and utility with the people I meet. The two responses I hear most often are, "Why would I need that?" followed shortly by "All I want to do is make calls." I end up detailing my daily dealings to doubters over and over again. This article summarizes the things I tell them!"</i><br /><br />Jeffrey Strasser has written an interesting article for Pocket PC Magazine, that many of our readers can relate to. I trust my Smartphone to remind me of all my appointments and alert me when there is a new mail. That is why yesterday, when for some weird reason my three week old Smartphone reset its clock to January 1st 2004. I missed a couple of the appointments, till I figured out the glitch. :roll: Do you have any interesting story to share? How does Smartphone fit into your life?

Jerry Raia
11-03-2004, 07:34 PM
Just curious, what was the glitch?

Kris Kumar
11-03-2004, 08:30 PM
I believe you want to know the cause? I am not sure how it got reset.

I remember my phone running extremely low on battery. So low that it had shut off BT and GSM radio. And then within a minute the cell phone died. And I had to recharge it (which I did promptly). I am guessing when I powered it back on, the clock had reset because of low battery. And I didn't notice the glitch (that the clock had reset) till later.

Jerry Raia
11-04-2004, 01:10 AM
The co-pilots I fly with call me a geek when they see me with this suff. Until we are parked at the gate wishing we could get a quick look at an area radar map of the weather.

Thats when i pull out the "PHONE" and pull up a weather radar map of the area right on that tiny little screen.

Suddenly, I'm no longer a geek 8)