View Full Version : Any news on the T-Mo SDA or iMate SP3?

seanhanley
11-02-2004, 06:36 PM
I am DYING to get this phone, but am not in love with the Audiovox's joypad. So I've decided to wait for the joystick version that is hopefully coming out soon. I've noticed it is for pre-sale on www.PPCW.net, however it's a bit pricey, especially with the international shipping from Germany. Does anybody know where and when this device will become available? I'm currently on T-Mobile (and not switching) so I'd need an unlocked version. Thanks!

Mike Temporale
11-02-2004, 07:09 PM
So far, T-Mobile is the only operator that is offering the SDA (or SP3i) which means there should be no reason for you to switch. PPCW.net had the phone listed as on sale in October, but I see it's now bumped to November. My best guess, is that these are going to be released soon.

Also, if you get the SP3i, it is sold as a unlocked device. So don't worry about an unlocked version.

marlof
11-03-2004, 11:41 AM
Guess I was lucky to live near the German border. I just went into a T-Mobile T-Punkt store, and got a SDA without a contract, which in Germany means: sim lock free. There's a registry lock though, but thanks to some info found on mobilejoe.de that was cleared in no time. ;) The point to my story: it *is* worth the wait. What an awesome device!