View Full Version : ROM Links under Start Menu CAN be rearranged

sclui56
10-31-2004, 10:48 PM
For those of us who wanted to move the START MENU (ROM XIP ones) items around but could not under SP2003SE, I have just realized that this can be done on the MPx220 using the preloaded FILE MANAGER.

Just launch FILE MANAGER, navigate to the \Storage\windows\Start Menu\, highlight the link, press MENU->File->Move To-> then select the destination folder.

Kris Kumar
11-01-2004, 06:18 AM
Thanks will have to try this one out.

sclui56
11-01-2004, 06:48 AM
kris, the FM is actually pretty slick, I had trouble removing some residual files in the \storage\windows\apps\ folder using conventional menthods but was always greeted by the access denied. Then I used FM to handle the delete, and it worked!

Jerry Raia
11-01-2004, 06:50 AM
It does work, I was able to move files around this way.

Kris Kumar
11-01-2004, 06:52 AM
I agree, I have used File Manager on the phone to move/delete stuff when ActiveSync has failed.

dsleeper
11-11-2004, 05:26 AM
1) I find I have to turn phone off/on to see it reflected. Fine with that but wondering if I'm missing a convenient shortcut to refresh the Start Menu.

2) If I do this through any PC-side phone browser many of the .lnk's can't be moved while others can? Any ideas why?

3) Related topic is that my ability to Explore the phone from my PC is erratic. Sometimes the folder tree shows right up (via WinExplorer invoked directly or via ActiveSync) and then other times I cannot navigate below the device itself. Anyone seeing this?

Jerry Raia
11-11-2004, 05:47 AM
1) I find I have to turn phone off/on to see it reflected. Fine with that but wondering if I'm missing a convenient shortcut to refresh the Start Menu.

2) If I do this through any PC-side phone browser many of the .lnk's can't be moved while others can? Any ideas why?

3) Related topic is that my ability to Explore the phone from my PC is erratic. Sometimes the folder tree shows right up (via WinExplorer invoked directly or via ActiveSync) and then other times I cannot navigate below the device itself. Anyone seeing this?

1) If you have a task manger program you can stop the start menu and that should allow a refresh, if not a restart is the only way.

2) Use the built in file browser to move these links. That is the only way it seems to work for some of the links.

3) Yes I have seen that too. Not just on the smartphone but on other PDA's as well.

4) Take a Valium and forget the whole thing.

Ok that last one won't make the phone work but it will make you not care.
:scrambleup: