View Full Version : Mail Attachments - Not getting them

Kris Kumar
10-29-2004, 04:52 PM
For some weird reason I am not seeing the mail attachments on my MPx220 for my POP3 and IMAP mail boxes.

I have sent a couple of test mails with attachements. The mail body shows up fine. But no indication of the attachment. :-(

I could not find any settings to enable attachments. I even tried full mail download instead of 500bytes or 1000bytes.

BTW: I have Cingular XPressmail turned on to sync my work/exchange mail. I hope their app does not turn off attachments. Just to force me to use their service to sync mails. I hope that is not the case.

Has anyone else seen this strange behaviour?

Thanks...

Jerry Raia
10-30-2004, 03:53 AM
Yeah I just tried it and got no attachment either. I sync directly with an exchange 2003 server. This is not good. I'm on hold with cingular right now and I bet i already know the answer....we'll see if I am right

Mike Temporale
10-30-2004, 04:37 AM
I'm guessing it will be:
Sorry, we don't offer that phone, and therefore we can not support you

Am I right?? Did I win the prize?

Jerry Raia
10-30-2004, 05:22 AM
Have I got info for us all :)
The tech I got on the phone has a 220 loves it and we experimented with the problem. She could get attachments that I sent her. I could not get any she sent me even on my sbc email address. What I enjoyed about this call was that she loved this phone. She had to elevate the problem to the next level and I will talk to them tomorrow.

While I had her on the phone I asked her to look up her version info, rom version etc. They matched mine completely. All the ones starting with "0" etc.
I'll spare you displaying them here.

Since the phones are identical and I can't get attachments on an identical email account I'm hoping its a setting on thier end that can be fixed. When I speak with them tomorrow I will update you here.

Mike Temporale
10-30-2004, 05:28 AM
Oh my! I just about fell off my chair. :lol:

Jerry Raia
10-30-2004, 05:31 AM
Well dont get up off the floor yet! We'll see who I get on the phone tomorrow.
:lol:

Kris Kumar
10-30-2004, 01:27 PM
Thanks Lasher..really appreciate it.

I have been exchanging a lot of emails with Moto (I am not a Cingular Subscriber) and you can guess the kind of response I get. And didn't have the strength to write one support question for this one.

Kris Kumar
10-30-2004, 01:30 PM
Oh! Keeping fingers crossed. :-)

While you are talking to them..see if you can walk here thru the BT - Camera issue. I had provided the link to my SPT post on it to the Moto people. But not sure if they are really excited to get that kind of info.

Jerry Raia
10-30-2004, 06:02 PM
As expected, no one really knew what I was talking about at Cingular and I did manage to find out that my issue has been escalated and I got a ticket number :roll:

However.......

Not having any patience whatsoever, I performed a Hard Reset. Sent myself an email with an attachment, and there it was!

In view of this I doubt Cingular is going to have anything valuable to tell me.

On the bright side I now have the pleasure of getting my phone back the way it was, hopefully avoiding whatever I might have done to cripple it the first time.

Kris Kumar
10-30-2004, 06:11 PM
Good job. :werenotworthy:

I was also planning on doing a Hard Reset anyways. For the same reasons you like it. :-) Infact I do that with computers also (format and reinstall). I never get it right first time.

And BTW...the ticket number, not sure if it helps. I have one with Moto! :(

Jerry Raia
10-31-2004, 01:13 AM
Well it is good to have a clean start. With the messing around I did with this phone after I got it I'm suprised more things didnt work. I have no idea what got messed up to cause the attatchment problem but I suspect it could have been my playing with the network settings or poking around the registry or tryng 20 different ways to make the BT sync or.......

:drool:

Kris Kumar
10-31-2004, 02:01 AM
Well it is good to have a clean start. With the messing around I did with this phone after I got it I'm suprised more things didnt work. I have no idea what got messed up to cause the attatchment problem but I suspect it could have been my playing with the network settings or poking around the registry or tryng 20 different ways to make the BT sync or.......

:drool:

Same here...I do remember monkeying around for the volume. But nothing in the Mail registry section.