View Full Version : Themes disappear after SIM switch

seven
10-28-2004, 08:54 PM
OK, I've got an Audiovox SMT5600 from AT&T and a guy I work with just signed up with Cingular. I knew my phone was supposed to be locked to AT&T but since they are merging and all I though I might luck up and so I tried putting his SIM in. It booted up and just said "Network Locked" and wanted a code to unlock which, naturally, I don't have.

So, I powered it back down and put my SIM back in and turned it on again. But when it got to the homescreen it was just a plain white wallpaper. I had been using the Beach one from Kleinder (sorry, but I forget his name and that's as close as I can guess) website. The plugins and info was all in the same location but the wallpaper was plain white.

I thought maybe I'd have to reset it in the settings but the only themes there now are the ones that came with the phone and the one the RJTime one that came with the analog clock plugin.

I browsed the dir both in the phone and on my PC while it was connected and all the themes I had added are now gone. :(

Is that normal?

Thanks,
Seven

Mike Temporale
10-29-2004, 01:09 AM
That depends on where you placed them. They should be in \Storage\Application Data\Home

I'm using the same homescreen as you. I have it in this location, and I have never had a problem.

seven
10-29-2004, 01:38 AM
OK thanks, I had just installed them into the Windows directory for some reason.

Thanks a lot!
Seven