View Full Version : MPX200 problem with call waiting

Danborg
10-25-2004, 08:54 PM
One problem I'm having with my MPX200, is that it is hard to pick up a second call while you are currently on a call. When I press the button to pick up the second call, the device doesn't register it or there is a long delay. Repeated presses of the accept call button makes it worse because it ends up muting or disconnecting the call.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds?

Regards,
Danborg

Mike Temporale
10-25-2004, 10:42 PM
Could it be that your carrier / plan doesn't support call waiting? Just a thought. (I don't have a MPx200)

Danborg
10-27-2004, 06:57 PM
Could it be that your carrier / plan doesn't support call waiting? Just a thought. (I don't have a MPx200)

Uh, even AT&T Wireless (can't get used to saying Cingular) has had call waiting support for years. I can't imagine anyone who would be behind them on anything. I think it's safe to say that's not the problem.

So far, I've flashed the phone with the renegade 2003 firmware that is floating around the Internet and it seems better now. Time will tell.

Mike Temporale
10-27-2004, 07:02 PM
I'm not saying they don't support it. I'm asking if it's part of your plan or not. With some plans, at least where I am, this is an option, and it costs a couple bucks a month. So what I was suggesting is that it may not be active on your account.

Danborg
10-27-2004, 10:07 PM
I'm not saying they don't support it. I'm asking if it's part of your plan or not. With some plans, at least where I am, this is an option, and it costs a couple bucks a month. So what I was suggesting is that it may not be active on your account.

That wouldn't explain an intermittent problem. If it weren't part of the plan, then it would never work.

Kris Kumar
10-29-2004, 04:39 PM
One problem I'm having with my MPX200, is that it is hard to pick up a second call while you are currently on a call. When I press the button to pick up the second call, the device doesn't register it or there is a long delay. Repeated presses of the accept call button makes it worse because it ends up muting or disconnecting the call.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Any workarounds?

Regards,
Danborg

I have not experienced this problem. But the MPx220 like other Smartphones does go through a momentary brain freeze when one or more apps are running and another activity is being spawned.

Since the Photo ID functionality is not the native functionality of WM 2003 SE. I am not surprised that at times you see this problem.

The slowdown would depend on the following factors
- number of apps running or memory usage
- Bluetooth
- number of contacts in the address book
- also if you have photo assigned for the contact or not.

I wish there was a way to turn off the Photo ID feature easily.

james840a
11-01-2004, 10:05 PM
whats that renegade 2003 firmware?