View Full Version : E-mail client for Windows Mobile 2003?

ScottDe
10-25-2004, 07:01 PM
I'm looking for a third-party email client for my SMT 5600. It needs to handle POP3 and IMAP. Anyone have suggestions?

Scott

encece
11-03-2004, 06:47 AM
What's wrong with the built in Inbox?

Bacco
11-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Well, for one you're limited to 8 a/cs on the Audiovox 5600. I gather that's a software limitation??? A few are used up by the text and MMS settings.

Also, for whatever reason, I can't seem to get my office email (our own domain hosted by Verizon) to work. I spoke with both AT&T (my service providor) and Verizon...they both pass the blame on the other side. Although the AT&T tech configured an Audiovox on his end and had the same problem. He then tried another smartphone he had, different brand I'm told and still had the problem. I gather it's Verizon's issue. But the tech people at Verizon can't find a reason for it not to work. But since they don't sell that phone, they can't offer support on it.

So I guess trying a different email program may do the trick...I can hope, right??? :?:

ScottDe
11-08-2004, 06:48 PM
The IMAP capabilities of the included Inbox are very weak. For example, no way to purge deleted e-mail.

Bacco
11-30-2004, 04:12 PM
Scott and anyone else that is still searching for an email client. Look at EmailViewer from ReqWireless.com.

It's a java app that works well on the SMT 5600. I don't want to go into all the details of it since their website is pretty detailed. It even allows access to hotmail accounts.

I just bought it this morning ($20 US) and think it's the best email app out there at this moment.