View Full Version : MPX220 - Sync and Search questions

mbranscum
10-19-2004, 06:00 PM
Ok...got a couple of questions....

1. Can I install active sync at work and sync with work AND home PC's, or will that screw things up?

2. Is there a SEARCH function on this thing to search contacts AND calender. Say for example do a search for "mike" and have the phone pull up anything in contacts or appointments that has that work in it....like on the pocket PC?

Thanks!

sullivanpt
10-19-2004, 10:15 PM
There isn't a built in search function. stupid but true. There are third party search applications. SyncData has one that I haven't tried. Look for it on Handango.

You can sync with two computers, both work and home PCs. Make sure both have ActiveSync 3.7.1 installed. You can't sync the inbox with more than one PC, and I recommend against syncing the calendars, the birthday and holiday appointments tend to replicate ad nauseum. Contact synchronization has worked very well for me across two computers and three CE devices.

Mike Temporale
10-20-2004, 01:40 AM
The Voq Pro has a search app built in. Unfortunately no other device comes with one installed.

To search for a contact by the name of mike, jsut type 6453 from the home screen. (m=6 i=4 k=5 e=3) This will pull up any contact that has a name or number that starts with those digits.

chiptransisto
11-04-2004, 12:08 AM
If you are in contacts, start typing a name and it will display only those contacts with that name. For instance, if you're looking for "Mike," type 6453 and you'll see all the contacts with the name "Mike."