View Full Version : i-600 custom ring tones for individual contacts

bouda
10-18-2004, 06:27 PM
I know this topic has come up in the passed, and I have searched everywhere to find nothing...I realize if you put the ringtones in the wrong folder, that when you shut off the phone they go away. That is not my issue. However, I am still having the problem of custom rings for individual contacts. I still can not get this to work, even with ringtones that came installed. The ring that I have set up in the profile comes up even for people who have custom rings...Has there been a fix for this yet?

lowrider200088
03-05-2006, 03:31 PM
I'm new to this forum and am wondering if you ever found out if you can add custom ringtones for a contact?
Thanks.

Mike Temporale
03-06-2006, 02:43 PM
From the home screen, press contacts, and find the contact that you want add a custom ringtone to, and select the contact (by pressing action). Then press Menu / Edit and scroll down until you see Custom Ringtone. Done. ;)

Frequency
03-09-2006, 01:23 AM
Good timing for this thread. I have been having trouble with custom ringtones on my Verizon I600. I set custom ringtones for several contacts. Followed the procedures as outlined on the Samsung website. Files must be MID or WAV format and located in the Storage\Application Data\Sounds folder on the phone (for the Mobile 2003 edition). When the contact calls I sometimes get the custom ringtone, and sometimes the default ringtone.

I called Verizon support, they directed me to Samsung. I called Samsung support, they kicked me up to there level 2 support department. I was told this problem is prevalent on ALL Windows Mobile phones - 2002, 2003 and Mobile 5 editions. He said it is Microsoft's problem and they have shown no interest in addressing it.

Has anyone used custom ringtones reliably on this phone?

Mike Temporale
03-09-2006, 04:53 AM
I don't really use the feature myself. But I haven't heard anyone else complain about this. Are your custom ringtones large? If you can keep them smaller, then it should be fine. :)

Frequency
03-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Well, I have finally had the time to do some web research and testing. When the phone is open and not in power saving mode custom ringtones always work. Once the phone goes into power saving mode, closed or flipped open, custom ringtones usually do not work. This holds true for ringtones of large file size (~700k) or small size (> 50k).

ARW
03-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Not sure what your situation is, but if at all an option I'd suggest dtching Vzw and moving to Cingular. I did this last Fall when the SP5m came out and could not be happier. I've found the coverage with Cingular to be equal and the service to be as well. That and you can use good phones with them as they're not so proprietary oriented as Vzw is.

Just my two cents.

Frequency
03-29-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm considering switching as an alternative, since I don't see a non-keyboard smartphone in Verizon's future. T-Mobile's SDA may also work. I remember a comparison of the Cingular and T-Mobile versions on here somewhere. Didn't one of the phones have a better screen than the other?

freedomDH
11-30-2006, 09:36 AM
I use a T-mobile MDA and really like it...the screen is nice. Not sure how it relates to the SDA.
Ditto about vzw being too proprietary. I can't stand those guys. Cingular, T-mobile, whatever...you'll be better off with any of 'em. T-mobile web is a bit slow though.
Custom ringtones, cheap and easy (http://www.ownyourphone.com)

emily
02-20-2007, 01:26 PM
:o I can make my favorite ringtones .
I used mp3 to ringtone gold to do that .
It is wonderful .
I downloaded it at http://www.oursdownload.com/mp3-to-wav,wav-to-mp3,mp3-to-ringtone.html
Have you want to try now ?
You can , too .