View Full Version : MPX200 on TMobile US in Houston, TX

scottdsmith
10-09-2004, 03:28 AM
I have a long list of configuration settings from this forum and other internet sources....none of which has worked at all for me. Oddly, they are only semi consistent. Inconsistencies which confuse me:

Proxy: (name:port) *some have the address with a :8080 others no port address at all, others a :9021

Seems to be a difference of opinion on on the primary DNS. Is it 216.155.165.50 or 216.155.175.040?

Secondary DNS is published confusion as well. Is it 216.155.165.51 or 216.155.175.170?

I get the impression that I'm missing something simple and basic since this is my first smartphone and experience with internet over the air.

Any assistance would be appreciated. I'd really like to stay with TMobile if possible but I like the MPX200 and MPX220...

sullivanpt
10-11-2004, 10:48 PM
I'm in SF with T-Mobile. (Used to be Voicestream here). And I stumbled through this last night.

start, settings, more, data connections
menu, edit connections, gprs connections
menu, add

name "T-Mobile GPRS" (anything you want here)
access point internet2.voicestream.com (or internet3.voicestream.com if you set up a "business" gprs account).
leave the rest blank or 0.0.0.0: user name, password, primary dns, secondary dns, ip address.

go back to data connections, select "T-Mobile GPRS" for Internet connection.

done. (except that individual programs like IE can be misconfigured to use something other than Internet. cross that bridge only if you've crossed it before!)

"Internet Connection"

scottdsmith
10-12-2004, 04:44 AM
Tried it. Not getting anywhere.

I see the little "G" as it tries to connect then I get the error, please check your settings message when I try to load a page.

Maybe I'm doing that wrong. It is the same internet address, http://www.<name>.com isn't it?

sullivanpt
10-12-2004, 05:34 AM
yup, same, i've been using the shortcuts they provided for testing,
http://www.google.com works too

in IE i have set
menu, options, connections

automatically detect settings true
and network "the internet"