View Full Version : SmartPhone Syncing Questions

sn1p3t
09-20-2004, 05:59 PM
I'm considering dropping my Verizon service (it's on the Extended Network up here in college) and getting Cingular. I do a lot of scheduling and assignment tracking with Outlook, so I'd like a phone that would keep track and sync with Outlook. I've been looking at the Motorola MPx220 when it's released. But I have a few questions reguarding the syncing with Outlook: When I do a full sync, does it sync everything in Outlook (e.g. Appointments, Tasks, Contacts, Notes, E-mail)? When I do sync, does it also sync the categories assigned to each item, as well as labels (for Appointments) and Color (for Notes)? If not, are there any third party apps that would do this (not a replacement for Outlook, but rather a better syncing program) If I have it set up to sync with a POP3 e-mail account, and I delete an e-mail from my SmartPhone, will it be deleted from my desktop when I sync up?Thanks for your help!

encece
09-23-2004, 08:36 PM
I'm considering dropping my Verizon service (it's on the Extended Network up here in college) and getting Cingular. I do a lot of scheduling and assignment tracking with Outlook, so I'd like a phone that would keep track and sync with Outlook. I've been looking at the Motorola MPx220 when it's released. But I have a few questions reguarding the syncing with Outlook: When I do a full sync, does it sync everything in Outlook (e.g. Appointments, Tasks, Contacts, Notes, E-mail)? When I do sync, does it also sync the categories assigned to each item, as well as labels (for Appointments) and Color (for Notes)? If not, are there any third party apps that would do this (not a replacement for Outlook, but rather a better syncing program) If I have it set up to sync with a POP3 e-mail account, and I delete an e-mail from my SmartPhone, will it be deleted from my desktop when I sync up?Thanks for your help!

1) Out of the box: It does not sync notes. But you can purchase a notes synchronization program called Smartphone Notes
2) Categories are sync'd...but not label colors
3) Yes. It works that way for my Comcast POP3 account.