View Full Version : How Important Is A Case For Your Mobile Phone?

Mike Temporale
09-03-2004, 08:00 PM
I was thinking about cases for mobile phones. Woman seem to store their phones in their purse or handbag. While men tend to put the phone in their pocket, or clip it to their belt. I am curious to see how important you feel a case is for your mobile phone. It doesn't matter if the case comes with the phone, you buy a custom case on-line, or just head down to your local wireless store and pick out something that fits your phone.

Personally, I need a case for my phone. Especially in the summer. I can make do in the winter, because I just put the phone in my coat pocket. In the summer, I hate putting it in my pants pocket, and I don't like holding on to it all the time. I prefer a case that has a belt clip on it. The belt clip must be one of those that "swings" and allows you to unclip the phone quickly, leaving the clip on your belt. Also, if the phone is a Candy Bar design, the front of the case has to be open. I don't like any of that cheap plastic covering my screen and keys. :) What do you guys do for carrying your phones?

palmsolo
09-03-2004, 11:26 PM
I own a SPV E200 and I had to buy a case the day after I opened up the box because I had placed the Smartphone in my pocket with a credit card and the raised numbers on the card scratched the display. I use Krusell cases for my Smarpthones since they have nice interchangeable belt clip and camera options and are decently priced on ebay. It is a little bulky, but I am willing to put up with it for the added security of keeping my display pristine.

Macguy59
09-03-2004, 11:33 PM
I always used one with the candybar phones but don't with the clamshell.

ben865
09-04-2004, 12:25 AM
Another advantage of flip/clam phones - in-built screen protection.

Kris Kumar
09-04-2004, 03:27 AM
I don't like the case. But do need a belt clip. For my MPx200 I have a plastic belt clip, the phone snaps into the belt clip. And for my Dev Kit Red-E phone I have a pouch style belt clip. I just slide the phone in. But when the phone is not riding on my belt, it is unprotected.

ARW
09-04-2004, 04:52 AM
No case for my i600. I must have and do use a holster however. Found a pretty good one on eBay. I wish someone however would produce a holster just like the one Motorola produced for my old Startac 7860.

maximus
09-06-2004, 11:34 AM
A 2-phones leather pouch on my belt. Both the V600 and T720 went into the pouch.

Mike Temporale
09-08-2004, 04:39 PM
Another advantage of flip/clam phones - in-built screen protection.

You're not worried about the case of the phone getting scratched?

aristoBrat
09-08-2004, 05:57 PM
Personally, scratching the case doesn't bother me. If I had a MPx220 and scratched the external screen, then I'd be a little irked. :)