View Full Version : Harry Potter Fan? Rowling says Harry will live till book seven...

Kris Kumar
08-16-2004, 03:39 AM
..but refused to comment beyond that.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20040816/ap_en_ot/britain_harry_potter

"She encouraged the fans to try to piece together future plots for themselves, and urged them to focus on why Harry's nemesis, the evil warlock Voldemort, had not been killed.

"There are two questions I don't think I've ever been asked and that I should have been asked, if you know what I mean," Rowling said.

She said readers should be asking themselves "not, 'Why did Harry live?' but, 'Why didn't Voldemort die?'"

The second question they should think about is, "Why didn't Dumbledore kill, or try to kill, Voldemort?" she added, referring to the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. "

Any Harry Potter fans in the Smartphone community? I am and I have read all the five books :-)

Mike Temporale
08-16-2004, 03:36 PM
I haven't even picked up one of the books. But I know my time is coming. I'm sure it won't be much longer before my kids get into the HP stuff.

She said readers should be asking themselves "not, 'Why did Harry live?' but, 'Why didn't Voldemort die?'"

The second question they should think about is, "Why didn't Dumbledore kill, or try to kill, Voldemort?" she added, referring to the headmaster of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. "

Like I said, I know nothing about Harry, but this sounds to me Dumbledore has a vested interest in Voldemort. Maybe the school is used to help find the more powerfull students and the swtich them to the dark side. :wink: