View Full Version : Questions about Verizon!

JoeAE2005
08-02-2004, 02:39 AM
I just bought a i600 off ebay, i'm pretty excited about it!

How do I go about activating it? My current plan is this (let me know if it will work): purchase a plan and cheap phone from their website. Receive their cheap phone in the mail a couple days later. Instead of activing the cheap phone, I will activate my i600 instead (and just sell the cheap phone). Will this plan work? Or will I only be able to activate the phone they sent me?

Also, will I be able to use any data (which will come off my minutes) with the America's Choice plan (the 400 for $39.99/mth).

Thanks,

-joe

maxnix
08-02-2004, 07:15 PM
Why buy a cheap phone? Just go in and activate an account. That's what I did, years ago.

ARW
08-02-2004, 07:25 PM
If you may ever need analog capabilities you may want to go for a cheap or free analog capable phone (not sure what they're offering now) and then activate the i600 on the vzw website. Then you'd have analog as an option.

As for data, you can use data and it will just deduct from your AC 400 plan. That's exactly the combo I have.

JoeAE2005
08-02-2004, 07:50 PM
Well, I was thinking I could get their cheapest phone ($20, it's a Samsung, forget which model though). Anyhow, I looked up that phone on ebay, and they were selling for between $70-$130. So I figure I could just make a little profit.

But I guess my real concern was whether or not I'd be able to activate my i600 through the website (without them ever having laid hands on my i600).

JoeAE2005
08-02-2004, 07:53 PM
Also, about the analog phone thing: So you are saying that maybe I should keep the cheap analog phone (unactivated), and activate it if I ever needed analog? When I activate the analog phone, doesn't that mean my i600 will have to be deactivated?

Newbie for Life
08-05-2004, 06:05 PM
You can only have one phone activated per account unless you sign up for one of the share plans which costs $20 per phone.

In answer to you first question about activating the i600 that you didn't buy from them, they will activete it over the phone or on the web page. They don't care where you get the phone as long is its not listed as stolen.

JoeAE2005
08-05-2004, 09:58 PM
So the cheap phone that they send me will NOT come activated, and I can just sell it on ebay and activate my i600 instead, right?