View Full Version : Warning: Inappropriate Cell Phone Use May Result In Being Pepper Sprayed

Mike Temporale
07-28-2004, 09:30 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.local6.com/news/3581522/detail.html' target='_blank'>http://www.local6.com/news/3581522/detail.html</a><br /><br /></div><i>"A college student who took a cell phone call from her mother in a movie theater was pepper sprayed by an officer and charged with disorderly conduct, along with her boyfriend."</i><br /><br /> 8O Ok, let this be a lesson to everyone! Using your phone in a theater may not be illegal, but you can still end up getting a unhealthy dose of pepper spray and a trip downtown. :lol:

Macguy59
07-28-2004, 10:32 PM
I wouldn't mind at all seeing rules barring cell phone use in public places like theaters, restaurants, etc. Especially by the driver of a moving vehicle.

Kevin Daly
07-29-2004, 01:46 AM
While cell phone use in movie theatres is of course evil, the officer on the other hand should be in jail for the inappropriately violent response.

Are these people all on crack or something? 8O

refnulf
07-29-2004, 05:07 AM
What the officer did was uncalled for, he should have been reprimanded for his actions. The student wasn't physically harming anyone. What nonsense???

But of course, using her phone there was wrong. Im not denying that. But people have to be a little more civilized here. We're not living in the jungle you know.

manywhere
07-29-2004, 07:56 AM
Uhh, okay, so:
WARNING! Using a cellphone can be hazardous to your health. Lightning might strike you or you might be pepper sprayed for no apparent reason if you are holding a cellphone in your hand.
Or so it seems.... :lol:

possmann
07-29-2004, 03:26 PM
:rotfl:

Too Funny... now I've always wanted to do that to the jerk that doesn't turn their phone off in the theater (movie or otherwise). Some people are just plan idiots and rude.

OK - I'll admit that the officer may have "over-reacted" but still how many of us have been in the same situation when someone violates the rules of propriety and you just want to shove that cell phone....

Jonathon Watkins
07-30-2004, 01:06 AM
There has to be more to the story than this. Surely? Something does not sound right.......

Mike Temporale
07-30-2004, 01:34 AM
There has to be more to the story than this. Surely? Something does not sound right.......

I don't know. The witness's say the couple did nothing to warrent such treatment. If anything I would have thought the people in the theater would be on the officers side, but they aren't.