View Full Version : Pocket MSN will not install

Jerry Raia
07-27-2004, 07:23 PM
Once again the wisdom of verizon shines through. Pocket MSN doesnt have "sufficient permission" to run on the i600 (2003).

:x

Kris Kumar
07-28-2004, 04:46 AM
Oh No...not again.

From all the WM2003 install problems and fried phones, all I can gather is that VZ never really tested the upgrade. I mean didn't do it for 3-4 months, even though they claimed that, that was the reason for the delay for the upgrade.

BTW..what is the download URL for Pocket MSN. I want to try it, but couldn't quite figure it out. Thanks..

Jerry Raia
07-28-2004, 05:22 AM
you can get it here http://vzw.msn.com/pmsndownload.aspx but it doesnt seem to be working at the moment. Another Verizon Home Run.

Kris Kumar
07-28-2004, 05:50 AM
Thanks...

The link won't let me register or sign up because I am on T-Mobile. I see a similar page on mobile.msn.com also, and have signed up also, but can't seem to find the download link.

The funny thing is I sent a mail to MSN support asking for a download link and they sent me a reply with instructions on how to install the CAB file, once 'it is downloaded' and no link or mention of where I can find it!!

Jerry Raia
07-28-2004, 07:38 AM
There is only one explanation for this, Microsoft is adopting the worry free guarantee.

Kris Kumar
07-28-2004, 12:08 PM
There is only one explanation for this, Microsoft is adopting the worry free guarantee.

:rotfl:

Mike Temporale
07-28-2004, 02:56 PM
BTW..what is the download URL for Pocket MSN. I want to try it, but couldn't quite figure it out. Thanks..

Try this, From MSN Messenger, click Tools/Options/Phone. Click the Mobile Settings button. On the page that loads, look in the lower right corner. You should see "New! PocketMSN for Windows Mobile"...

tvalentin
09-24-2004, 12:07 PM
I had the same problem with my Orange c500 and SPV e200. The problem is that the phones are locked to prevent installing 'unsigned' applications. For Orange users there is a deveopers web site that shows you have to unlock the phone.
There may be one for your carrier. If your carrier can't help you then there are some tools available. Do a google search for 'smartphone apllication unlock' and you might dig up a few.

I hope this helps.

Tom

Kris Kumar
09-24-2004, 01:24 PM
Thanks...

But my problem is that I cannot see the CAB/installer download link. Strange! but that's my case. And through the newsgroups I found out that MSN does exhibit that funky behaviour. I mean some can see the download link and some cannot.

Its something to do with how you registered for MSN Mobile. :-(