View Full Version : Review of Sagem MyS-7

David McNamee
07-21-2004, 03:14 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.msmobilenews.com/?cid=588' target='_blank'>http://www.msmobilenews.com/?cid=588</a><br /><br /></div>MSMobileNews has posted a very nice review of the MyS-7, complete with lots of pretty pictures.<br /><br /><i>"To conclude I can confidently say that everyone who wants a stable operating system and a handset which is equipped with a bunch of features (except Bluetooth, which isn't implemented) will get a nice and cute handset with the Sagem MyS-7!"</i><br /><br />I know that there's going to be a smattering of posts bemoaning the lack of Bluetooth on this phone, but I really believe that there is a market for this phone and others like it. These phones don't have to have all of the latest and greatest features available on mobile handsets. They do need to do a core set of things well. The MyS-7 looks like it fits that mold.<br /><br />One question I have - does anyone know if there is an English version? The screen shots look to be in either German or Dutch. I can't tell the difference. I only know languages that are dominant here in Florida - English, Spanish, and Canadian Transplant ;)

Mike Temporale
07-21-2004, 04:07 AM
It's a nice looking phone, but I think the C500 "one up's" it.

I only know languages that are dominant here in Florida - English, Spanish, and Canadian Transplant ;)

What's that, eh? ;)

Kris Kumar
07-21-2004, 04:17 AM
Lack of Bluetooth and Quad Band makes me :-(

I hope other manufacturers also adopt the 8 way joystick/pad. Though not sure how comfortable Sagem's joystick is?

Dennis
07-21-2004, 04:35 AM
One question I have - does anyone know if there is an English version? The screen shots look to be in either German or Dutch. I can't tell the difference. I only know languages that are dominant here in Florida - English, Spanish, and Canadian Transplant ;)
Sagem being a French company, I believe your Florida-Canadian Transplant, especially around Fort Lauderdale, should help you understand one of the languages that are always on board Sagem phones: French! :)

Besides, all phones I saw - disregarding their 'nationality' - always have an English version!
Don't you worry...

Too bad Bluetooth isn't available though :?

Arne Hess
07-21-2004, 09:10 AM
The screen shots look to be in either German or Dutch. I can't tell the difference. I only know languages that are dominant here in Florida - English, Spanish, and Canadian Transplant ;)
It's German (not Dutch) as you can see one the Umlauts ÄÖÜ and I've seen at least one Ü... ;-)

David McNamee
07-21-2004, 03:28 PM
I know that there's going to be a smattering of posts bemoaning the lack of Bluetooth on this phone
Lack of Bluetooth and Quad Band makes me
Too bad Bluetooth isn't available though :?

Sometimes I hate being right...

David McNamee
07-21-2004, 03:32 PM
It's German (not Dutch) as you can see one the Umlauts ÄÖÜ and I've seen at least one Ü... ;-)

[Extent-Of-My-German-Language-Skills]
Danke Herr Hess
[/Extent-Of-My-German-Language-Skills]

David McNamee
07-21-2004, 03:33 PM
Sagem being a French company, I believe your Florida-Canadian Transplant, especially around Fort Lauderdale, should help you understand one of the languages that are always on board Sagem phones: French! :)

True, but I don't spend much time down there. Here in the Tampa Bay area, I believe there are more people from Halifax than actually live in Halifax!

David McNamee
07-21-2004, 03:35 PM
It's a nice looking phone, but I think the C500 "one up's" it.

I think you might be right. I really want my hands wrapped around a C500. Frankly, whichever can be purchased in North America is the winner in my book. And will also get lots of coverage here on Smartphone Thoughts :D