View Full Version : custom ringer contact issue?

spectar
07-20-2004, 03:21 AM
Hello all, I needed some help from first hand users. I am planning on getting and I600 as a secondary unit for my account (have an I700 for work). I was wondering if 2003 or any third party apps have succesfully been able to assign distinct caller ring to contacts? I heard issues that the phone will always revert to the "default" ringer after it has been closed? others say that got it to work with with V2R caller picture program...any help is appreciated..trying to keep myself from buying the motorola v710...thanks!

Mike Temporale
07-20-2004, 03:48 AM
I was wondering if 2003 or any third party apps have succesfully been able to assign distinct caller ring to contacts?

Yup, it's built-in. Just select the contact, click edit, and scroll down to "custom ring tone". It's that easy.

I heard issues that the phone will always revert to the "default" ringer after it has been closed?

If this happens you have put the ringtone in the wrong folder. It's a common question, search these forums and you'll find a couple posts on it.

others say that got it to work with with V2R caller picture program

The i600 is a application locked phone. So you need to make sure that any applications you purchase are signed.

spectar
07-20-2004, 01:27 PM
thanks..much appreciated, this will make my decession far more easier....have you downloaded the 2003 upgrade? does it seem to have improved anything?...thanks again!

Mike Temporale
07-20-2004, 01:46 PM
I don't have a i600, so I can't comment on that. However there is a lot of discussion about that update in this thread (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5916&highlight=). From what people have said, it looks much better.

bouda
10-18-2004, 06:24 PM
I know this topic has come up in the passed, and I have searched everywhere to find nothing...I realize if you put the ringtones in the wrong folder, that when you shut off the phone they go away. That is not my issue. However, I am still having the problem of custom rings for individual contacts. I still can not get this to work, even with ringtones that came installed. The ring that I have set up in the profile comes up even for people who have custom rings...Has there been a fix for this yet?