View Full Version : Sync with Exchange Server 2003

skinveen
07-18-2004, 12:48 AM
Can anyone help with setting up my i600 to sync with our exchange server at work? I keep hearing it can be done, but Verizon refers me to Microsoft and Microsoft refers me to Verizon.....thus I've had the phone for 5 months and I'm still not getting my email. Heeelp! :cry:

wirelessbeachbum
07-18-2004, 03:58 AM
First you will need to get your phone updated to the new OS, once that is done, if your administrator has enabled it, you will need your server address, usually something like webmail.yourcompany.com you configure the connection either on the phone or on your PC using active sync....

I've been using this set-up for a couple of weeks...I can't even tell you where my Blackberry is anymore...it's awsome.

skinveen
07-18-2004, 05:19 PM
New OS?! You say I can't do it without 2003 on my phone? :evil: Is it a easy process if I'm ever able to get to 2003? Will I have to involve my administrator (know-nothing fool)? This was the whole reason I bought the phone. Every time I make it past a hurdle it seems I need some other missing piece.

wirelessbeachbum
07-18-2004, 06:32 PM
Yes you will need the new OS in order to sync with exchange 2003 server. You will most likely need to involve your administrator to configure exchange for remote sync. Do you currently have Web Based Access to exchange? If so, once you get the new OS, you can try to set-up the server sync based on the same server location as you use for webmail.

biff
07-20-2004, 06:36 PM
That is not true you dont need to get the new OS to make it work. The issues i had were relating to the SSL connection. What error are you getting? what version of exchange do you have?

skinveen
07-21-2004, 03:30 AM
I now have a phone with the new OS anyways and our server is running Exchange 2003, but I'm not sure where to even begin to get my phone in sync. Should I be working with the new version of Active sync? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

wirelessbeachbum
07-21-2004, 01:53 PM
That is not true you dont need to get the new OS to make it work. The issues i had were relating to the SSL connection. What error are you getting? what version of exchange do you have?

In order to use push sync with Exchange 2003, you need to have windows mobile 2003 on your smartphone.

Prior versions would sync with an exchange server, but not get push email.

wirelessbeachbum
07-21-2004, 01:54 PM
I now have a phone with the new OS anyways and our server is running Exchange 2003, but I'm not sure where to even begin to get my phone in sync. Should I be working with the new version of Active sync? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I post a how too later today if I have time.

biff
07-21-2004, 03:16 PM
here is a link to setting up the client side of the sync. i had issues with the ssl side of things. let me know what error you get

biff
07-21-2004, 03:16 PM
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/help/smartphone/toc/activesync.aspx?guid=11E5229D-D10A-463E-B125-57E119CFAB18&region=americas&language=en&os=2003&keyname=samsung-i600&devicename=Samsung%20i600&deviceid=75&mobop=Verizon%20Wireless&deviceregion=americas&cdma=yes&gsm=no

hehehe

i guess this helps

biff
07-23-2004, 02:16 AM
I just did the upgrade to my phone and i am unable to add the server cert. The error is 'Error adding certificate. The phone may be locked.' Has this happened to anyone eles?