View Full Version : Verizon's Worry Free Guarantee And The i600 Update

Kris Kumar
07-16-2004, 03:00 PM
"Thank you for contacting the Verizon Wireless website. As part of our Worry Free Guarantee, your concern becomes our concern the first time you contact us. We are happy to assist you with your i600 question."

On Saturday July 10th 2004
"The update is scheduled to become available on this coming Monday, the 12th of July."

On Monday July 12th 2004
"We apologize for the delay, it looks like the upgrade may not be available for a few more days."

Little later on Monday July 12th 2004
"The update was scheduled to become available today, but due to unforeseen circumstances, it was necessary to postpone the release one more week. The update will be available as a download from our www.verizonwireless.com website, or from select retail stores, next Monday, the 19th of July."

Tuesday July 13th 2004
"We apologize for any delay in the release of our Smartphone 2003 update for the Samsung i600. We are expecting to release the software sometime next week. This timeframe can change due to unexpected delays. We do not wish to set expectations."

Thursday July 15th 2004
"Unfortunately, we can not give out firm dates as they may change on a daily or weekly basis. It is also Verizon Wireless's policy not to release confidential information regarding our new products or services."

8O

Jerry Raia
07-16-2004, 04:11 PM
Is anyone who uses verizon suprised by this? For them this is Above average! :really mad:

Janak Parekh
07-16-2004, 04:13 PM
Is anyone who uses verizon suprised by this?
Not me. I think :roll: is more appropriate than 8O. The i700 folks, like me, are being subjected to the same treatment.

--janak

possmann
07-16-2004, 04:32 PM
:rotfl:
What? Are they taking lessons from AT&T?

Jason Dunn
07-16-2004, 05:09 PM
Heh. Great post Kris! :lol:

Master O'Mayhem
07-16-2004, 06:36 PM
I can tell you that battery life is WAY Better with this upgrade.

lorienferris
07-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Can someone please tell me what the benefit is to having manufacturer specific versions of Windows Mobile software? I have a Toshiba e740 PPC and am stuck with version 2002 of the OS which blows because it is not X-Scale native. It seems the same method of OS-hardware locking has been adopted for the Smartphone platform. This just seems bad to me; I can't see any benefits for the end user, does anyone else? It is such a turn off for me that I am considering not buying a Smartphone just because of the simple fact that it will be frozen in time, futureless in a matter of a couple of years.

jojochef
07-16-2004, 07:02 PM
The verizon store near me just got the software for the 2003 os i just brought my phone in now to be re flashed with the upgrade,they told me to come bac in an hour, when i dropped the phone off nothing mentioned about the fifteen dollar charge for the upgrade.Maybe they will get me when i pick it up?

wirelessbeachbum
07-17-2004, 04:29 PM
The new Wireless Sync 2.0 is coming out on the 19th, the update for both the i700 and i600 should be out on that day at the latest, since the wireless sync program requires the new OS.

ChrisWalker
07-17-2004, 05:53 PM
I e-mailed Verizon and specifically requested to order an i600 with WM2003 preloaded and they said they would put in the order Monday morning.

After sitting on the fence for this phone for what seems like forever, I hope that a new one with Bluetooth doesn't come out within a month or two (but of course it will -- hee hee).

Yeay! :)

Chris

Kris Kumar
07-17-2004, 05:57 PM
After sitting on the fence for this phone for what seems like forever, I hope that a new one with Bluetooth doesn't come out within a month or two (but of course it will -- hee hee).

I wish we do get a BT CDMA phone. But I know that it will be quite some time (six months) or more before we a new CDMA Smartphone. I am betting on Motorola to be the one to provide us with the first CDMA BT Smartphone :-)

wirelessbeachbum
07-18-2004, 05:01 PM
I think Moto will be the first as well...the a710 should be coming out with Verizon with BT support...It's not a smartphone...but it's pretty loaded, camera, mp3 player, extra memory, Bluetooth support, video capture...

Pop all that on top of window's mobile, and now your talking.