View Full Version : The Fastest Way To Launch Your Favorite Application(s)

Mike Temporale
07-13-2004, 08:00 PM
If you're like me, you have a couple applications that you run all the time and they just so happen to be buried so deep in the Start menu that it's a pain to go find it all the time. Who really enjoys pushing Start / 9 / 9 / 4 every time they want to run that application. <br /><!><br /><br />Well, here is the solution: Speed Dial. Yes, you heard me right. Speed Dial is not just for contacts any more. You can also put any application in Speed Dial, allowing quick and easy access to the program. This is great for launching your camera, favorite game, or any application. Just follow these simple steps and you're off to the races. Press Start and highlight the application you wish to add to your Speed Dial<br /> Once it's highlighted, press the Menu button, and then select the "Add Speed Dial" option<br /> Enter a name for the application, I suggest using the default :wink: <br /> Move down and select a Keypad Assignment. You can choose any value between 2 and 99.<br /> Press DoneTo access this application in Speed Dial enter the number from the Home screen and hold the last digit. So if you placed the program at speed dial position 2, press and hold the 2 key. If you placed it a position 59, then press 5, followed by pressing and holding the 9 key. Presto! Your application awaits you. <br /><br />Enjoy! :D

zeke009
07-13-2004, 08:40 PM
handy little tip! thanks!

ppcsurfr
07-13-2004, 09:25 PM
http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3779

It's in the tips and tricks section of SmartphoneThoughts... :D

Carlo

Mike Temporale
07-13-2004, 10:58 PM

Carlo

What are the chances.... You posted that exactly one year ago to the day that I posted it. Ah well, it's a good tip, and this re-post just brings it back to everyone's attention. :wink:

ppcsurfr
07-14-2004, 05:42 AM

Carlo

What are the chances.... You posted that exactly one year ago to the day that I posted it. Ah well, it's a good tip, and this re-post just brings it back to everyone's attention. :wink:

Hahaha... I didn't notice that... thanks for pointing it out... :D

Well, it is indeed a very useful tip that makes the Smartphone experience a pleasant one.

BTW, I think it's nice to have the tips revolve every year... with updates of course for newer features and all... but if SmartphoneThoughts can come up with 12 tips... then that's 1 tip a month... if you can come up with 52... that's one tip a week.

It's nice to see SmartphoneThoughts up for more than a year already...

:D :D :D

Carlo

Mike Temporale
07-14-2004, 09:36 AM
It's nice to see SmartphoneThoughts up for more than a year already...

:D :D :D

Stay tuned for more on that, coming soon. ;)

TANKERx
07-14-2004, 11:34 AM
This smart dialling malarky has to be better than voice activation. I just saw that silly video of someone playing with one of the new Motorolas, showing him trying to dial a conact and run an application and to be honest, by the time the phone has asked me if I said what I thought I said or something different, I'd have pressed the blimmin' buttons!

Kris Kumar
07-14-2004, 01:48 PM
This smart dialling malarky has to be better than voice activation. I just saw that silly video of someone playing with one of the new Motorolas, showing him trying to dial a conact and run an application and to be honest, by the time the phone has asked me if I said what I thought I said or something different, I'd have pressed the blimmin' buttons!

I agree.

ben865
07-29-2004, 04:07 PM
'blimmin'

I love that word - so very English - we don't really swear :wink:

On a more serious note - any idea what it is derived from?

danesh
07-16-2006, 02:47 PM
Very handy tip. I was searching for this all over the net, should have come here first :)

Mike Temporale
07-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Very handy tip. I was searching for this all over the net, should have come here first :)

Glad you found it useful. You can also use voice instead of a numeric value. Try it - juse select "add voice tag" instead of "add speed dial" :D