View Full Version : Trade i700 for i600. Fair trade? What do I lose?

gai-jin
07-02-2004, 06:05 AM
I'm considering offering my current PPC for trade. I'm thinking of trading my used (and *slightly* dinged) i700 for a new or used i600 for vzw. Is this a reasonable trade offer? And what would I be losing by trading from the ppc phone to a smartphone?

My major uses are calander, contacts, ewallet, and email. I rarely input data from the phone, but that's not to say never.

Also, I don't plan to stay with vzw forever... I work for SBC, and am waiting for the Cingular/ATT buyout to finish, so that I can finally get cingular in my area. once that happens, I'll jump ship and pay my etf so I can go to cingular service. (and wider phone selection)

Any thoughts?

Gai-jin

PS Other possibilities: sell phone on ebay, switch to attws now, add employee discount once cing has finished buyout. Or, sell i700 on ebay, buy moto v710, and hp 4150.

Mike Temporale
07-02-2004, 01:00 PM
I don't know that you can do this. I mean, I don't think Verizon will activate the i600 on their network for you.

Based on the needs you listed, a Smartphone should work fine for you. However I would skip the verizon step and go directly to AT&T. Or stay with what you have a little longer and wait for the AT&T sale to settle out.

gai-jin
07-02-2004, 02:46 PM
?? Why wouldn't they? The i600 is a samsung phone which, to my knowledge, is only sold by verizon.

encece
07-03-2004, 02:07 AM
i600 is on their network and they will activate it no problem.

Since you have basic PIM needs...the i600 will probably work nicely for you. Though it is my least fav smartphone. But alas, the limitations of CDMA in America!

gai-jin
07-03-2004, 02:25 AM
Honestly, am I better off to port my line and my wife's to att and get a phone there, in anticipation of the cingular buyout?

Or, to replace my pda and phone seperately, going with the new V710 and an hp 4155 ?