View Full Version : Activesync stuck in Guest Mode

goofy166
06-23-2004, 03:56 AM
Does anyone know how to get my ActiveSync to allow me to create a new partnership with my phone? I reinstalled the new iMate ROM and ran Spriteback up to restore it and it failed, then switched my ActiveSync partnership to the guest mode. I can't seem to get it to let me set up a new partnership.

Kris Kumar
06-23-2004, 11:48 AM
I always thought that Guest Partnership was per session. I mean once you disconnect the USB connection between the mobile device and the PC, the partnership is cleared. Next time you connect the device, you should get the partnership wizard.

I would suggest, rebooting the PC and phone :-)

Also have you looked into the ActiveSync > File > Mobile Device menu.
Note: Before you do this ensure that no device is connected to the PC.
You will find all the partnership profiles, maybe you have one named Guest in here. Select it.
Then go to File > Delete Partnership to delete the previously selected partnership.

Hope this helps.

goofy166
06-23-2004, 03:09 PM
I wish it was that simple 8O

After lots of Googling I found a web site with a ton of things to try, none of them helped till I found this site:

http://www.cewindows.net/faqs/activesync/guest.htm#Guest%20Issues

And the magic solution:

"Check and see of the registration key at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows CE Services and see whether a key named GuestOnly has a value of 1. If it does then change the value to 0 to allow you to setup a partnership. "

I did find GuestOnly where he said it was but I eventually tracked it down, made it a 0 and wa-la I was back in business.

Kris Kumar
06-23-2004, 03:56 PM
I never knew that ActiveSync could be configured for GuestOnly. I think it is one of the developer/debug features. I wish I knew about this earlier. When I am developing/testing apps, I usually dont like setting up partnerships on my dev-box. This I think will help me.

Thanks...