View Full Version : FlexWallet 2005 Coming Soon for Smartphone

Jason Dunn
06-21-2004, 03:00 PM
There are only three things that I absolutely need to have on a mobile device: my PIM data, my email, and FlexWallet. In light of that, I can't tell you how excited I am about this - I've been using FlexWallet for a long time now, and it's always frustrated the heck out of me that there was no Smartphone version of this application. In some instances I was bringing my Pocket PC along for the sole purpose of using FlexWallet. I've also been burned several times by not having my FlexWallet data with me and needing a username/password combo that I hadn't committed to memory.

With the release of FlexWallet 2005 (http://www.handango.com/affiliate/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?programId=45&affiliateId=690&productId=123849) (affiliate), the software has taken a quantum leap forward and is much more user-friendly than ever before. And now the developer has told me that they're hard at work on a Smartphone version (shown below). Awesome!

http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/images/FW2005SPPreview.gif

No firm ETA, and I'm not sure how he's going to get around the lack of a file sync conduit (shame on you Microsoft for leaving this out!), but I'm looking forward to this a great deal.

Jason Dunn
06-21-2004, 07:23 PM
Ok, I guess I'm the only one who's excited about this. :lol:

Mike Temporale
06-21-2004, 08:08 PM

That's not true... Ok, maybe it is. :wink: I use another competing wallet program, and other members of my family have started to use the same product. This makes sharing information really easy. So, while I'm happy to hear that the Smartphone is being explored in this manner, I'm unlikely to switch. :(

brianchris
06-21-2004, 09:05 PM

I can assure you, you're not the only one excited about this. FW 2005 was a great improvement over an already great product, and the (future) availability of a Smartphone version is even more amazing.

To be honest, originally I wasn't aware the FW 2005 Smartphone version *wasn't* going to be available at the time of FW 2005's launch. However, that isn't a huge problem for me (YET), as I don't own an MS Smartphone (YET).......I'm waiting for that vaporware known as the MPx220 :worried: (Although I'd seriously consider the MPx100 instead, which *has* appeared on Phonescoop: http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=477 )

Santa Fe
06-21-2004, 09:36 PM
I could not get by without e-wallet which I've used forever on my PDA and now Smartphone. Flex Wallet sounds good to.

TANKERx
06-22-2004, 04:07 PM
Forgive my lack of enthusiasm but I'm a happy user of Code Wallet Pro which as desktop synchronisation and a whole bunch of other cool customise-options :-) and I'm trying to follow the ideal that if I have a piece of software that does a job, I won't buy another one that does the same thing if I can live without the extra features - and if I've managed thus far without the extra features, then I probably don't need it ;-)

rob_sfo
06-23-2004, 07:53 PM
Well I'm excited!!!!!!!!

I LOVED FlexWallet when all I had was my computer & PPC. However, when I moved to the SmartPhone, I was crushed by the lack of availability. I made sure to let the makers know how much I wanted a SmartPhone version ;)

I've been using CodeWallet Pro to fill the void, but FlexWallet is a better product and I will definitely be switching back, even if it means re-keying all my information.

Thanks for the heads-up Jason!!!