View Full Version : WMP- random clicking noise during playback...

ar25un
06-11-2004, 09:42 PM
Dear all,

I have started using WMP on my mpx200 as a mp3 player with the help of a 512mg card. But everytime I loose reception (e.g. while on London underground which i use regularly), a random loudish "clicking" noise occurs every 2-3 minutes during playback. THIS IS REALLLY ANNOYING AND AT TIMES HURTS MY EARS!! :evil: (as u can imagine). I am assuming that this is due to the phone searching for a signal since it does not ever occur otherwise when i have reception.

I get the feeling that others have also experienced this before, since a while back I have read a similar problem being reported either here or elsewhere.

PLEASE does any one know how to rectify this rather annoying problem before my phone ends up flying out of the tube window. I really don't want my new sd card to be a waste. Much appreciate any input.

Cheers. :)

Mike Temporale
06-11-2004, 10:46 PM
I don't tend to use my phone for MP3 playback, so these are just some random thoughts/suggestions.

1) have you tried putting your phone into Silent mode? Try this and see if the sound keeps happening. This will let us know if it's a sound that is associated with a profile and as such change be modified. If it isn't then I fear there may be little that you can do.

2) Similar to #1, try turning the phone (radio) off. The phone should not be searching for a signal at all then. Which means if you still hear the sound it has nothing to do with the phone's radio.

3) does your model have Bluetooth, and is it turned on? Could be an incoming message. (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5316) :lol:

ar25un
06-12-2004, 10:00 PM
have you tried putting your phone into Silent mode?
Tried that. Including setting the system volume off in that particular profile- to no effect.

try turning the phone (radio) off
Don't quite understand what you mean...surely I cannot use the mp3's if phone is turned off?? Any way just to disable the auto search?

does your model have Bluetooth?
ermm no... but mite soon be equipped with that esp. after reading the thread :wink:

Any more suggestions by anyone much appreciated.

Mike Temporale
06-12-2004, 10:09 PM
try turning the phone (radio) off
Don't quite understand what you mean...surely I cannot use the mp3's if phone is turned off?? Any way just to disable the auto search?

Sorry, I don't mean the phone. You can turn the radio off so it is no longer a phone and it's just a smart device. If you tap the power button for a second you should see a quick list. One of the options should be Phone off. This is different than power off. It just turns the phone part of the device off.

ar25un
06-15-2004, 10:07 PM
You can turn the radio off so it is no longer a phone and it's just a smart device
seems to have done the trick... the infamous aeroplane mode on the mpx200.. many thanks

Till another time...and another stupid question :lol: