View Full Version : Protect Your Brain - Use an MPx200!

David McNamee
05-18-2004, 04:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://reviews.cnet.com/Cell_phone_radiation_chart/4520-6602_7-1012898-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld' target='_blank'>http://reviews.cnet.com/Cell_phone_radiation_chart/4520-6602_7-1012898-1.html?tag=cnetfd.ld</a><br /><br /></div>CNet has posted its cell phone radiation chart. This chart shows the specific absorption rates (SAR) for cell phones available in the U.S. The phone with the lowest SAR, coming in at .2 Watts per kilogram, is the Motorola MPx 200. The other Smartphone on the list, the Samsung SCH-i600, came in with a SAR of 1.43. The phones with the highest rating, 1.55, both came from Motorola - the V120c and the V70.<br /><br />Of course, nobody <i>really </i>knows if these numbers mean your cell phone is safe or not. I figure that if I can't heat my dinner with my phone, then it's probably safe! :wink:

TANKERx
05-18-2004, 04:35 PM
Two cellphones were placed side-by-side with a slice of bacon between them. The scientists made a call from one to the other and the bacon started to fry!

After the experiment, both phones were fine for making calls except for (wait for it)...... some crackling!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

rbrome
05-18-2004, 04:53 PM
The truth is, all digital cell phones are safe. There was some dispute a few years ago about analog phones, but nothing conclusive was ever reached. Phones operating in digital mode typically output a fraction of the radiation, so there's basically no question that they're safe.

That's why you haven't heard as much lately about whether phones are safe or not. If there was still any serious scientific concern, believe me, it would be in the news all the time. "Cell phones kill" is the kind of headline journalists would kill for (pun intended).

My personal opinion is that lists like this CNet one are borderline irresponsible journalism, because it implies that this is something consumers should be concerned about, when it isn't. They do provide that disclaimer at the beginning, but I disagree with their claim that "the jury is still out". I see this as nothing more than pandering to the tin-foil-hat crowd. :roll:

aristoBrat
05-18-2004, 05:29 PM
If the SAR has any relation to the RF performance, I totally understand why the MPx200 is the lowest. ;)

Kris Kumar
05-18-2004, 06:49 PM
The phone with the lowest SAR, coming in at .2 Watts per kilogram, is the Motorola MPx 200.

That explains why I am able to think more clearly since last night ;-) I upgraded to MPx200.