View Full Version : How to use the Orange Media Player????

swbuehler
05-16-2004, 03:51 AM
Does anyone know what kind of file format the Orange Media Player (which is based on the Emblaze platform) uses, and what file extension it's looking for?

Kris Kumar
05-16-2004, 09:43 PM
I believe reading that it supports Streaming MPEG4 format or .MP4 files. Its a relatively newer/enhanced video format.

Did a quick search to pull up this Emblaze Systems link..
http://www.emblaze.com/emblazesystems/main.asp?id=32&parentID=6

I hope some Orange user can shed some more light on this topic.

I am guessing since it comes with the Orange phones. There must be a portal hosted by Orange with streaming media using this format. Just a thought.

swbuehler
05-16-2004, 10:53 PM
I believe reading that it supports Streaming MPEG4 format or .MP4 files. Its a relatively newer/enhanced video format.

I made some MPEG-4 (.mp4) files and Orange Media Player isn't finding them (I go to open a file and the file list is empty no matter where I put files). I've also tried .ev, .ev2 (which were extensions supported by the java version of Emblaze) and put them in various places but the player still can't find them.

SWB

Kris Kumar
05-16-2004, 11:00 PM
Where are you copying these files to? "My Documents" folder or some other folder.

I have noticed that some apps search under "My Documents" folder (SD card or phone memory, doesnt matter) only.

But have to warn you, I havent tried this software. So I am just guessing :-)

swbuehler
05-16-2004, 11:28 PM
Where are you copying these files to? "My Documents" folder or some other folder.

I have noticed that some apps search under "My Documents" folder (SD card or phone memory, doesnt matter) only.

Been there, done that, no joy. Even tried putting it in the same folder as the application.

SWB

Kris Kumar
05-16-2004, 11:32 PM
:-)