View Full Version : Where Are You?

David McNamee
05-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Just curious... where is everybody?

Phoenix
05-10-2004, 12:16 AM
The companies that advertise on all the Thoughts sites must be lovin' you guys for helpin' them out by collecting all this info from all these polls lately! :D

I know they need it, though, to help them focus their ads.

It's really interesting to see how people are voting - to see who comes to these sites. I'm sure it helps a lot of us for one reason or another.

I don't know if you have plans to do this or not, but I think it would be great to see a summary of all the info you end up collecting.

:beer:

David McNamee
05-10-2004, 01:38 AM
The companies that advertise on all the Thoughts sites must be lovin' you guys for helpin' them out by collecting all this info from all these polls lately! :D

Actually, my poll questions have been aimed at either learning more about our community so I can try to target content, or to start a conversation. I'm sure that we do collect information for marketing purposes, but I'm happy to leave that in Jason's department :wink:

freitasm
05-10-2004, 08:29 AM
Now, now... I voted Australia, but this is just a big island west of New Zealand :wink:.

Where is New Zealand? Or at least call it Oceania or Australasia 8O

I mean, it's the same size as UK, and almost as big as Japan! Of course we don't have that much people here :P

Anthony Caruana
05-10-2004, 11:34 AM
Now, now... I voted Australia, but this is just a big island west of New Zealand :wink:.

I mean, it's the same size as UK, and almost as big as Japan! Of course we don't have that much people here :P

Hehe...Mauricio, everyone knows that New Zealand is just the recalcitrant 7th state ;-)

Do you get to cross the Tasman often? It's be fun to catch up for a lager or 10 :-)

freitasm
05-10-2004, 12:24 PM

Hehe...Mauricio, everyone knows that New Zealand is just the recalcitrant 7th state ;-)

Do you get to cross the Tasman often? It's be fun to catch up for a lager or 10 :-)

Very OT, but... In the last year I've been to Melbourne a couple of times, and to Sydney around six times. Ah, and don't forget the wedding I attended in DayDream Island - that was nice 8).

I don't have plans to go over there, for now. But I never know, with projects showing up now and then... I'll let you know, for sure :D

David McNamee
05-12-2004, 04:41 AM

Sorry, Mauricio... I think I must have slept through Geography class the day we covered that part of the map :oops: