View Full Version : Fonix Releases VoiceDial 2.0 for Windows Mobile Pocket PC and Smartphones

Jason Dunn
05-06-2004, 06:00 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.fonix.com/page.cfm?name=news&id=1480' target='_blank'>http://www.fonix.com/page.cfm?name=news&id=1480</a><br /><br /></div>"Fonix® Corporation, an industry leader in delivering conversational speech solutions to consumer systems and devices for everyday use, announces the release of Fonix VoiceDial™ 2.0, the most intuitive, user-friendly speech interface software solution for mobile phones. Original design manufacturers (ODMs) and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) can license VoiceDial for a per-unit royalty fee. End users may download the software for $15.95 at <a href="www.fonix.com">www.fonix.com</a>.<br /><br />...• Customers may now choose from multiple languages including English, German, French and Spanish. <br /><br />• Version 2.0’s support for both TTS and recorded prompts allows users to choose the most efficient and intelligible interface for their device. <br /><br />• This upgraded version supports screen rotation (either Landscape or Portrait display) for added convenience. <br /><br />• The VoiceDial 2.0 user interface is scalable for optimal device screen size. <br /><br />• Users can minimize the interface so that it does not obscure information on the screen. <br /><br />• Users can use their voice to access contacts on the device’s SIM card as well as in their Contacts list. <br /><br />• Support for TTS on Smartphone devices. (Previously, the Smartphone version only allowed for recorded prompts, now TTS increases the usability for Smartphone users.)"<br /><br />I've never been a big user of voice diallers, but this looks like a solid improvement to their product. Any Fonix VoiceDail users out there? Does 2.0 sound like it will address the shortcomings of 1.0?

possmann
05-06-2004, 11:19 PM
How does this application compare with MS's Voice Command? Just curious as MS's is considerably more expensive....

goofy166
05-07-2004, 01:50 AM
I use 1.0 in my car all the time. Its nice when it recognizes but it still has trouble with some names. Sometimes it doesn't understand the Quit command; you have to yell at it. There are other little issues. From the list of improvements none seem that compelling, what I want it better sensitivity and more intelligent parsing.

Jerry Raia
05-07-2004, 05:09 PM
Wont install on my i600. Maybe its time to change carriers. I'm getting sick of things not working with this phone.