View Full Version : mpx200 unlock t mobile :)

wizardmaster2k
05-04-2004, 02:23 AM
Hello, I have recently purchased the MPx200 off ebay, and want a little info. I plan on using unlocking software to give it the standard rom, not the at&t one, and also the carrier unlock software. I was wondering if I would be able to use the prepaid program t mobile has instead of a plan once the phone is unlocked. also, anyway to make the phone use mp3's as ring tones? any other info to help me once i get the phone tomorrow would be awesome. thanks.

ponch64
05-04-2004, 04:58 PM
the Using MP3's as ringtones rules. It tells you how to do it in the manual. Sync the phone with your PC, open my computer, open up the mobile device folder, within that folder is a folder labeled IPSM, and one within that, all you need to do is drag and drop the files into the sounds folder I believe, i would check but i dont have my USB cable with me at this time. One thing you would probably want to do is edit the MP3, the ring only last for about 10 to 12 seconds, so if you want a particular part of a song you will need to cut it out. Sorry I couldnt be more specific. goto www.motorola.com and you can download a PDF version of the user manual. Also shop around when looking for an unlock code, i got one for $12 about 5 months ago, now the website i used sells them for $50, hunt long enough you should be able to find one for free. You should have no problem using prepaid service with the MPX200. Good luck

aristoBrat
05-04-2004, 08:38 PM
Also shop around when looking for an unlock code, i got one for $12 about 5 months ago, now the website i used sells them for $50, hunt long enough you should be able to find one for free.
Same experience here.

I paid $20 a few months ago to unlock my MPx200, and when I looked a week or two ago, that website wasn't doing it anymore. Other websites wanted $40-$50! Crazy.

wizardmaster2k
05-04-2004, 08:48 PM
awesome, thanks