View Full Version : Saving E-Mail Attachments To SD Card? Help

sgaynor
04-29-2004, 09:18 PM
Does anyone know how to save e-mail attachments to the SD card? It was a registry change in PPC. Please let me know. Thanks

Kris Kumar
04-30-2004, 06:21 PM
Smartphone also requires Registry Edit...the same as Pocket PC.

Here's how you can do it.

- Launch Registry Editor, if you are a developer you can use the Windows based Registry Editor (really convenient). Or use the PHM registry editor that will run on the phone, free from http://www.phm.lu/Products/Smartphone/RegEdit/

- In the registry editor browse to the following path
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MAPI

- There will be a String Value field named 'AttachPath', if not create a String field.

- The value of the Path will be something like 'IPSM\MAPI\Attachments'

- Connect the phone to your PC, Using ActiveSync -> Explore (button on the toolbar)

- Browse to your Storage Card folder

- Create a folder for storing attachments on your Storage Card, lets say it is '\Storage Card\Attachments'. This can be any folder as long as the path is valid.

- Now back in the registry editor, change the value for 'AttachPath' to the newly created folder on your Storage Card, ie '\Storage Card\Attachments' or whatever folder you created (Note : No need to put the quotes :-))

- Power off and Power on the phone and you should be all set.

Next time the mails are downloaded, the atachments will be downloaded to the new location. I noticed that it also downloads again the attachments that were in the older folder. (But in case you are missing some attachments, you can copy them from the older folder and they 'should' still work.)

sgaynor
08-15-2004, 08:13 PM
Kris,

I tried you suggestion that worked for SP2002 and needed to create the string and value per your listing. Did they move this registry setting in SP2003? When I re-synced the data went into a folder called "Storage\Storage Card\Attachments"?? Please let me know. Thanks

Kris Kumar
08-15-2004, 08:44 PM
Hmm..I am guessing because of multiple email account support in WM2003, the registry keys must have changed.

I will have to power up my Dev Kit phone :-( my main phone the MPx220 is on SP2002. Will get back to you.

Kris Kumar
08-18-2004, 03:39 AM
I thought I had achieved a breakthrough. But during my testing it failed. It had worked during the first time, but didn't work on the repeat test. :?

Anyway give the following registry setting a try.

- Setup the 'AttachPath' value as per my previous post.

- Navigate to the following path
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Inbox\Settings

- Add a new DWORD Value 'AttsOnCard', assign it the numeric value 1.

Power Off and Power On the phone and give the setting a try. Do let me know how it goes.

sgaynor
08-19-2004, 07:07 PM
Kris,

I tried your additonal D-word without success. The strange thing is know I do not know where the attachments are going. My storage memory is decreasing but the attachments are not in the normal MAPI folder? I have the hidden files unchecked in Resco Explorer so I can see all files. I will continue to search and let you know. Thanks for the help.

sgaynor
08-20-2004, 06:04 PM
The only file that I see changing size is mxip_inidb that is saved in the \Storage folder root. Please let me know with some other things to try.

Kris Kumar
08-22-2004, 04:22 PM
Tried a few things but nothing is working out. Will let you know if I figure this one out.