View Full Version : Hi Everyone!

Jon Westfall
04-21-2004, 10:28 PM
Hi, My name is Jon. I'm a pretty active poster at PPC thoughts (and mildly active at DMT Thoughts) and decided to jump into this community today. I ordered an I-Mate Smartphone2 recently and am awaiting its arrival so I can be a 'full' member over here. I already own an I-Mate Pocket PC, and look forward to utilizing each one for features the other lacks.

So I thought I'd poke my head in and say hello. I'm sure there is already an "essential apps" thread around here somewhere, so I won't bother you guys with creating a new one... I'll just search for it!

Now, I just gotta find a new avatar...

Jon.

Mike Temporale
04-21-2004, 10:43 PM
Welcome Jon!

I thinnk there are a couple lists of must have applications. Anyway, here's a link (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5203) to the first one I found. And here is another thread (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4999) that you might enjoy, especially if you like to customize your device. :wink:

So what is your avatar anyway? It looks like a garden rake?

dadarkmcse --> the dark MCSE? Am I reading that right? or does it have another meaning?

Jon Westfall
04-22-2004, 02:31 AM
My avatar is actually a hoe. I used it for a video I did for my mother's guinea pig website (www.scsipig.com) and had it laying around. It just seemed odd enough to make into a avatar.

Thanks for the links! I know I"m going to have fun with my new toy when I get it (hopefully <fingers crossed> tomorrow).

Yes, my name stands for The Dark MCSE. Originally I was DaDarkJEW, but people got too crazy about my initials at the end there. It all goes back to my friends in High School referring to me as The Darkness, then Da Darkness, since the t sound just got too annoying (i guess).

Kris Kumar
04-22-2004, 03:31 AM
Welcome Jon...

I am sure you will tons of fun with your new toy...all the best.

BTW...spent quite some time trying to figure out the avatar:-) Glad that you explained it in the later post.

Kris

bibap
04-22-2004, 03:43 AM
I would recommend the Resco File Explorer, two programs by Burroak software: Hot Button Plus and pTravel Alarm. You can look at them at: http://www.burroak.on.ca/ and Mobipocket 2.8 if you read books on your device.

Hot Button Plus is probably the one thing that will make your phone a real pleasure to use. It's a brilliant idea. Simply double-click on the home button and call up any program you want. Their alarm program works perfectly and has the most annoying alarm I've ever heard. You won't sleep through it.

From www.connectedbits.com you should try their weather program. It's free and is a graphics gem.

Jon Westfall
04-22-2004, 02:16 PM
I would recommend the Resco File Explorer, two programs by Burroak software: Hot Button Plus and pTravel Alarm. You can look at them at: http://www.burroak.on.ca/ and Mobipocket 2.8 if you read books on your device.

Hot Button Plus is probably the one thing that will make your phone a real pleasure to use. It's a brilliant idea. Simply double-click on the home button and call up any program you want. Their alarm program works perfectly and has the most annoying alarm I've ever heard. You won't sleep through it.

From www.connectedbits.com you should try their weather program. It's free and is a graphics gem.

Gee, how did you know I have a bad habit of sleeping through alarms. I set mine about 30 min. before I have to actually notice it (i.e. I hit snooze in my sleep too much) and the alarm on my PPC isn't quite annoying enough!

Sorry for the avatar confusion! I used to only use Zippy (the mascot for the UA Zips, the school I teach at) but decided that, like Jason, I should mix it up on various sites. Unlike his super-hero running theme, I just choose whatever strikes me. If you want to see Zippy, head over to PPCT and pull up one of my posts over there!

Mike Temporale
04-22-2004, 02:29 PM
Sorry for the avatar confusion! I used to only use Zippy (the mascot for the UA Zips, the school I teach at) but decided that, like Jason, I should mix it up on various sites. Unlike his super-hero running theme, I just choose whatever strikes me. If you want to see Zippy, head over to PPCT and pull up one of my posts over there!

You could always create your own Avatar character (http://www.smartphonethoughts.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=5358) for each site. I was thinking of doing this and colour co-ordinate it for each site. :lol: Just a suggestion, there is nothing wrong with your current Avatar.

Jason Dunn
04-22-2004, 11:28 PM
Welcome to the site dadarkmcse! :D

Santa Fe
04-23-2004, 03:17 AM
"I was thinking of doing this and colour co-ordinate it for each site. "

Wonder where you got that idea.. :lol:

Mike Temporale
04-23-2004, 03:53 AM
"I was thinking of doing this and colour co-ordinate it for each site. "

Wonder where you got that idea.. :lol:

Some cowboy mentioned it in another thread around here. :lol: :wink: