View Full Version : Just got SMSpammed by Verizon Wireless

ARW
04-16-2004, 03:29 AM
Anyone else just get SMSpammed by Verizon Wireless. I received the following from them.

Free Msg: Join In on "The Apprentice" voting. Who'll be hired 2nite? Go 2 www.vzw.com/Apprentice 4 details & chance 2 meet Trump in NYC. 2 stop msgs reply w/"Q"

Perhaps by sharing this I'm helping VZW, but I'll take the chance. When I first received the message I remarked that I'll be VZW catches hell for this. Shortly there after I called and tied up customer service for 16 minutes before I was finally transferred and disconnected. I asked that I not receive any further advertisements from VZW, the response was that I could stop receiving all messages or that I could set up a filter to block anything further. Obviously neither was what I was after.

Maybe I'm odd, what does everyone else think? Do you want to receive advertisements via SMS from your carrier? I know I wasn't charged anything, but neither was I given the option to not receive the advert or charge VZW for the time I spent with this interruption.

Kris Kumar
04-16-2004, 06:00 AM
Do you want to receive advertisements via SMS from your carrier? I know I wasn't charged anything...

A BIG NO...

Even if its free I would like to opt in or out.

And especially on Verizon network, I would expect them not to spam me. I mean because they charge a premium for the service compared to T-Mobile.

Kris

xendula
04-16-2004, 10:19 PM
Geez, telemarketers and SMSpam - we don't have that here in Germany, I feel sorry for you guys!

xendula
04-16-2004, 10:22 PM
Oh, OK, we do receive that seldom unsolicited SMS like "Anna just left you a voice mail, call xxxxxxx. 1,9E/M" or an SMS from Maria, Susie or some other female asking to call her back, she has great news to share, but at least it's not from the OWN PROVIDER!! BTW, the end part of the SMS that people tend to overlook means 2$ per minute. 8O