View Full Version : What am I doing wrong?

JohnJohn
04-11-2004, 02:08 PM
Trying to install Sunnysofts Mailcenter:

I go through the install wizard with my mpx200 in the cradle. It opens the ActiveSync program loader, and the SmartPhones white screen comes up saying that its loading. Then suddenly the unit bounces back to the Home Screen. No software loaded. I am using a 512mb card, but it never asks me were I want to put the software. When I go in the add/remove area of ActiveSync the software is there, unloaded with its check box UNchecked. I try to load from there, but the same thing happens.

I am using the computer to sync with my HP41xx also. I had this issue with loading some themes, so I just copied them over manually. PocketCalender loaded fine two days ago.

Can anyone help? Thanks,

Kris Kumar
04-11-2004, 06:53 PM
I have seen that happening, but in my case the problem was that I had tried to install a pocket pc app on my smartphone and that install failed. And that blocked the future installs.

Couple of things to try...
1. Try installing the cab on the phone directly. I mean go to the following folder on the PC C:\Program Files\Microsoft ActiveSync. Look for the apps sub folder. There should be a CAB file in there. Copy it over to the phone and then on the phone, using the phone's file explorer, launch the CAB file.

2. This approach comes in handy if you are having the same problem as I described above. Bad installer blocking the other apps.
On your phone, using a file explorer on the phone browse to the "IPSM\Windows\AppMgr\Install" and delete all the CAB files there. Pocket PC/Smartphones store the CAB file in this location temporarily till they are installed.

Kris

JohnJohn
04-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Thanks kris,

I attempted exactlly what you discribed. Everything worked fine. I was hoping it was just my installer.