View Full Version : Passing of the Torch: Mike Temporale Now Manging Editor

Robert Levy
03-29-2004, 12:00 PM
Sadly, I must admit that my job at Microsoft and the conflicts of interest which come along with it have intruded on my ability to give Smartphone Thoughts the attention that it needs and deserves in my role as Manging Editor. The original plan was for my internship to end on Friday at which point I would be able refocus on this site. However, I have been asked to spend an additional three months as a Program Manager in the Windows Mobile Developer Experience team - and while that's good for my career, it's not good for this site. ;-)As of today, Mike Temporale will be taking over as the Managing Editor of Smartphone Thoughts and will be in charge of the day to day business of this site. Mike has consistently amazed us all with his passion and commitment to serving the Windows Mobile community. I have great confidence in his ability to drive Smartphone Thoughts to achieving further greatness. Please join me in congratulating Mike on his new role at Smartphone Thoughts!

mmarlor
03-29-2004, 12:20 PM
Sadly, I must admit that my job at Microsoft and the conflicts of interest which come along with it have intruded on my ability to give Smartphone Thoughts the attention that it needs and deserves in my role as Manging Editor. The original plan was for my internship to end on Friday at which point I would be able refocus on this site. However, I have been asked to spend an additional three months as a Program Manager in the Windows Mobile Developer Experience team - and while that's good for my career, it's not good for this site. ;-)

As of today, Mike Temporale will be taking over as the Managing Editor of Smartphone Thoughts and will be in charge of the day to day business of this site. Mike has consistently amazed us all with his passion and commitment to serving the Windows Mobile community. I have great confidence in his ability to drive Smartphone Thoughts to achieving further greatness.

Please join me in congratulating Mike on his new role at Smartphone Thoughts!

Congratulations Mike, and good luck with the ongoing work at Microsoft, Robert! :-D

Kris Kumar
03-29-2004, 01:23 PM
Congratulations Mike!
Congratulations Robert!

Niall
03-29-2004, 03:31 PM
Robert, thanks for doing such a great job! The news here has been well-focused with just the right amount of rumor and off-topic posts to add a little spice. Best of luck at Microsoft.

possmann
03-29-2004, 06:05 PM
Alright to both of you!

:beer:

another reason to tip one back tonight :lol:

:drinking:

Mike Temporale
03-29-2004, 07:17 PM
Thanks everyone! I blame Jason for my obsession with Smartphones and Pocket PC's. It's one thing to own a device, but these sites are such an amazing community and resource that take the experience to the next level of obsession. I couldn't possibly say no when Jason asked me to be a part of it, and even more so when we talked about this new position. I hope I can live up to everyone's expectations as we continue to grow the site.

I have been asked to spend an additional three months as a Program Manager in the Windows Mobile Developer Experience team

Wow. That's great news Robert. I hope the next 3 months are as fun filled as the last 3. Congrats!

Now, if you're over 18 (or 21 depending on where you live) then grab a drink from the cooler in the corner and we'll get this party started. Queue the DJ :drinking: :beer: :rock on dude!:

spg
03-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Congrats to both of you! Mike, I'm sure you will continue to do a great job in your new role here. Robert, congrats on the extension of your job with Microsoft, sounds like things are going well for you. :)

David McNamee
04-01-2004, 05:01 PM
Congratulations, Mike! You've certainly earned it. This place would be a whole lot quieter without you!