View Full Version : Sierra Wireless Partners with THBBury to Deliver the Voq Professional Phone™ Car Kit

Jason Dunn
03-19-2004, 04:06 AM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://www.voq.net/site/news_events/news_20040318.voq' target='_blank'>http://www.voq.net/site/news_events/news_20040318.voq</a><br /><br /></div>"Sierra Wireless announced today that it has signed an agreement with THBBury to provide industry leading car accessories for the new Voq Professional Phone™ through THBBury distribution channels in Europe and North America. The Voq Professional Phone, a pocketable Microsoft Windows Mobile™ based SmartPhone developed by Sierra Wireless, is planned for commercial availability in the second quarter of 2004. <br /><br />Designed for business professionals, the Voq Professional Phone™ is a new class of mobile phone that offers the best features of a mobile phone, a personal messaging device, and a PDA (Personal Digital Assistant) – in one. The product offers a flip-open QWERTY thumbpad and easy-to-use software solutions including VoqMail, a secure, Always-there™ e-mail solution. The Voq phone will also offer unique search, send, and store capabilities delivered by the myVoq™ software application for easy and predictive search, storage, and sending of data."

possmann
03-19-2004, 05:15 PM
I knda like the design of this phone... I know I have read a lot against it, but it really is nice to be able to use a keyboard to type in short messages - kinda like a RIM device.

I can't remember if the device is SDIO and Bluetooth - can someone refresh my memory on that? It doesn't seem to mention eitehr one of those capabilties on their web site. Shame on them for making a phone like this tha would not have either feature...

Mike Temporale
03-19-2004, 05:41 PM
I can't remember if the device is SDIO and Bluetooth - can someone refresh my memory on that?

For sure, there is no Bluetooth. I haven't heard anything about SDIO, so I'm uncertain about that. Also, no camera. :cry:

possmann
03-19-2004, 06:48 PM
dumb... well this one is out of scope for me - Thanks

Mike Temporale
03-19-2004, 07:23 PM
dumb... well this one is out of scope for me - Thanks

I'm trying to hold back judgement until I see some reviews (or get to review one myself - Sierra, anyone listening?? ) before I rule it out. The lack of Bluetooth is a large hit, but the addition of a keyboard might offset it.