View Full Version : MDC Workshop: MapPoint Location Server

Robert Levy
02-28-2004, 11:25 PM
<div class='os_post_top_link'><a href='http://clk.atdmt.com/goiframe/1998313/thghtdev00500066ddb/direct/01' target='_blank'>http://clk.atdmt.com/goiframe/1998313/thghtdev00500066ddb/direct/01</a><br /><br /></div>Recently added to the MDC agenda is this preconference workshop on the upcomming MapPoint Location Server. There are two key things that developers should be flocking to this year's MDC to learn. One of them is how to create location-aware applications. (I'll talk about the other one later, but here's a hint: it has to do with the recently announced Motorola MPx) I don't know of anyone in the mobile software industry that does not believe location-based applications are going to be a real big thing real soon. MDC 2004 is where you get to talk to the experts about how you can become a part of the technological evolution that lies just around the corner. <br /><br />In this hands-on workshop you will be among the first to get an in-depth look at Microsoft MapPoint Location Server. This is a new component of MapPoint Web Service that you can use to integrate real-time location based services into a wide variety of business and consumer mobile applications. The day will consist of lectures and step-by step tutorials that will prepare you to begin building real-time location into your applications immediately. Attendees are encouraged to bring their laptops to follow along with the tutorials. <br /><br />Workshop Agenda: MapPoint technology strategy overview and roadmap. What is MapPoint Location Server? <br /> Step-by-step tutorial: building an application powered by MapPoint Location Server. <br /> Partner Application Showcase (demonstrations) <br /> Benefits of becoming a MapPoint Solution Provider & Reseller<br /><br />In addition to this pre-conference day, there are going to be at least two sessions on this topic (SRV335 and SRV339). I've also heard some rumors that a hands-on lab is in the works. I'm planning to be at all of them - how about you?