View Full Version : resets on an mpx 200

patman496
02-26-2004, 05:54 PM
First off, i love the thoughts sites and community. :D i have been a reader since the site first opened up, but this is the first time i have had a problem that i don't know how to fix. can anyone tell me how to do a soft and hard reset on an at&t mpx200? or if it can be done? my phone will not turn completely on. it boots up, shows the motorola screen and the at&t screen and then shuts off. thats all it does. i dont know what to do with it. if someone can help me i would really appreciate it. thanks in advance.

Mike Temporale
02-26-2004, 07:07 PM
I don't have a MPx200, so all I can offer you is what the manual says:

Master Reset
During a master reset the product is set to its default settings and all
data files, user settings, and preinstalled applications will be deleted.
A master reset should only be carried out by Motorola, or an
authorized service center. Data in the handset must be backed up
prior to the reset in order for it to be reinstalled following a master
reset. Motorola is not responsible for any data lost through
unauthorized resetting.

Turning off your phone is the same as rebooting the device. It's not like the PocketPC where turning it off only suspends the device. I would suggest removing the battery and looking around in there. At least it's a place to start.

patman496
02-26-2004, 07:29 PM
yes, i read that also. i found out how to do a master reset and did it. now i cannot get the phone to do anything. it wont turn on at all. i dont know if theres some trick or if i've really screwed the phone up. i'm used to pocket pc's and hope the smartphone is similar and after a hard reset on a ppc it just goes back to original factory settings. the phone is obviously different though. i dont know what to do with it now-its now an expensive paper weight.

BLOHSE
05-03-2005, 03:44 AM
Turn off...hold down blue action key while turning on