View Full Version : Oscar Predictions?

Mike Temporale
02-23-2004, 03:12 AM
Any movie Buffs in the crowd? This coming Sunday is the Oscars. I'm pretty sure that LOR will not win, but I'm not sure which movie will.

Vote for you're choice for Best Picture.

encece
02-23-2004, 03:27 AM
I havn't seen any of them yet but will see LOTR before it leaves the theaters.

I did hear Lost In Translation wasnt all it was hyped up to be....so I'm sure that will win.

Mike Temporale
02-23-2004, 09:08 PM
I havn't seen any of them yet but will see LOTR before it leaves the theaters.

I haven't seen any of them either. :splat: I know, I know... I could tell you what rock I have been living under, but that won't change anything. ;) I actually own the first one on DVD. Bought it the weekend it was released, but I have yet to open it. At this point I'm waiting for them all to come out on DVD, then I'll get a big bag of popcorn and watch them all at once. :mrgreen:

I did hear Lost In Translation wasnt all it was hyped up to be....so I'm sure that will win.

I haven't seen this either, but from all the hype, it's going to win something. Just not sure what.

encece
02-23-2004, 09:13 PM
Watch them all at once???!!!!

That better be one BIG BAG of popcorn! :D

David McNamee
02-23-2004, 10:31 PM
LOTR, but Lost in Translation was an amazing film. Bill Murray will win Best Actor.

Mike Temporale
02-24-2004, 02:04 PM
Lost in Translation was an amazing film.

You are the first person I have heard say that. Everyone that I talk to says it sucks, and they can't understand the hype. However they feel Bill Murray did an excellent job. I have yet to see it, and I'm not sure if I will.

David McNamee
02-24-2004, 04:35 PM
Lost in Translation was an amazing film.

You are the first person I have heard say that. Everyone that I talk to says it sucks, and they can't understand the hype. However they feel Bill Murray did an excellent job. I have yet to see it, and I'm not sure if I will.

Ask them if they understood what it was that was lost in translation. If they didn't, then they missed the whole point.

The film's power is in its subtleties and in connecting with the two main characters. There's no special effects, no blatant punch-lines, no gratuitous sex or violence. It is a good-old-fashioned character study, and I loved it.

brntcrsp
02-24-2004, 05:17 PM
It is a good-old-fashioned character study, and I loved it.

Hear, hear! Then again I loved Punch Drunk Love, so take it as you will.