View Full Version : Receiving Mail with lid shut

rkircher
01-27-2004, 07:49 AM
I have my i600 set to get mail from my IMAP server and to retrieve mail every 60 minutes. However, it fails to retrieve mail if the flip lid is closed. Any way to over ride this behavior and have it get mail like it should?

TIA
Rob

rkircher
01-30-2004, 03:28 AM
I've done several hours of testing and I can't find a pattern other than Pmail won’t sync when the phone is sleeping. I've read posts that say the phone is unable to wake up when the lid is closed. However, if you set up active sync to work automatically it does works with the lid closed. Here is what I can tell you.

1) When it is in the cradle and connected it works every time.
2) With the lid closed, (not in the cradle), phone in sleep mode (off), it won’t sync
3) With the lid open, it still doesn't sync but of course the damn thing goes to sleep with the lid open two.
4) I've actually seen it auto sync twice. Both times I open the phone to make a call and the sync process started. My best guess is that I happened to open the phone when it was time to sync. Anyway, that at least tell me it can sync if the phone is on and not sleeping.

My conclusion: 1) pmail does not have the ability to wake the phone up in order to sync. 2) The phone as the ability for apps to wake it as evident in ActiveSync ability to wake the phone in order to sync.

I'd like to know if anyone with an MPx200 has the same problems and can verify my results.

Santa Fe
01-30-2004, 07:43 PM
This has not been a problem for me. Could it be some other problem like being in a weak signal area or something?

rkircher
02-04-2004, 04:26 AM
This has not been a problem for me. Could it be some other problem like being in a weak signal area or something?

YOu have an i600 setup to access email via IMAP or POP? You are sure that it get email when the lid is closed?

It is definetly not a signal problem on my end. I'd be curious as to how you have your phone setup.

Rob

Santa Fe
02-04-2004, 04:12 PM
Sorry, I get e-mail and text messages from my Pop account with the lid closed.